Camera crew films an incredible fight between two bears

Agreed.
Neither was this guy (also totally not staged).

2 Likes

I’ve heard they kill cubs for that reason, puts the sows into estrus. But I dunno, sounds like attributing motive to simple mayhem :slight_smile: All this bear on bear violence kinda surprises me; the ones in the area I grew up in were all timid, mostly vegetarian , like those in that grow op story I posted above.
here’s a little video from that incident, you can see they are not very territorial:

So, these two huffing fat-asses fought to exhaustion over a tree?

I did like that once they were gasping, they both accepted a stalemate. Really, they needed a 10 point must system, but even then, nobody’s going on to fame.

As to myself, I would never fight anyone who uses fists, feet, or teeth…or weapons…or expects me to fight back.

1 Like

Not enough pic-a-nic baskets.

1 Like

I was glad when it Finnished.

1 Like

Holy fuck!!! :flushed:

That low, low guttural noise bears make when, I don’t know, letting something know they’re about to have a really, really bad day is …
fucking primal.

Maybe not win…but what about survive?

1 Like

And that tree is going like, “Well this is awkward …”

Scratching an itch is the bear necessity in life!

yep I currently live there for the summer two or three houses away , neighbors are constantly coming down and warning me there’s a bear nearby .

1 Like

I think it was from a PBS documentary or some other “behind the scenes” show where one of the wildlife photographers described a scene where a bear killed a younger, smaller female to mate with the other one. I don’t know if its supposed to be some sort of threat or a show of might or what.

I’ve seen other shows where, yeah, a mother with cubs are avoiding other males like they were predators. :confused:

Nature is pretty dark when you learn about the nitty gritty. Most of the deaths come hard.

1 Like

beautiful place, I hope you enjoy it. I didn’t mean to minimize the risk associated with black bears, just these ones seemed to be somewhat tame; they’re probably all cycled out of the population. Just yesterday there was a young woman, a tree planter, killed by a black bear in Northern Alberta. So far this year three bear fatalities in Alberta that I know of , one a woman in her yard. All of them appear to be predatory attacks.

“Fight bear”
“With what?”
“Hands”
“Your bare hands against his bear hands?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.