Cammed copies of Star Wars: The Force Awakens circulate on torrent sites

Yup, definitely incorporating that into my next Star Wars article!

Aren’t they adorable together?

2 Likes

Body language dude. That’s important signaling.

2 Likes

Shh! It makes IRC safer to go for screeners.

filthy casual :wink:

1 Like

Without the limited availablility there is no hype, and without the hype there isn’t the profit -or- the incentive to remove the false limits

almost like the left ‘invisible hand’ doesn’t know what the right ‘invisible hand’ is doing!

2 Likes

Hey that was me! Here’s what I was able to get:

6 Likes

This just in… sun rises in the east, sets in the west. Also, bricks are heavy.

4 Likes

They probably felt sorry for anyone stupid enough to use a flash on a projected image. Many years ago, I saw some moron do this at a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show that had the original “Superheroes” ending, instead of the one shown in the original release. This was back before there weren’t such things as DVDs with cut scenes.

1 Like

That’s what you get when you go to a pub theater and get a pitcher of beer 30 minutes before the movie starts.

1 Like

Table? If you went to one of those god-awful dinner/movie places, you got what you deserved.

1 Like

Nope. It’s an independent pizza and beer theater. The back three rows have small tables in front of them for holding your beer and pizza.

2 Likes

I’m curious what this means. Are you expecting to be ambushed in the theater? Do you need to enter in formation? In what way(s) is a solitary theatergoer more vulnerable than someone going in a group of people?

1 Like

Some people are introverted, and it’s exhausting to have to navigate crowds and interact with a lot of people, and sometimes the drain ain’t worth it. Going with a friend or group of friends takes a little of the load off.

4 Likes

I’m extremely introverted and have a great deal of social anxiety, but never felt a movie theater triggered those things, since I was sitting in a darkened room looking at a screen, with zero interactions going on between me at the other people in the room. It’s a less harrowing social experience than, say, grocery shopping, or making an appointment over the phone, or whatever. “Interact with a lot of people”? Like, the one person you buy the ticket from, and the one person that checks your ticket? Two 10-second interactions is “a lot”?

1 Like

When you’re navigating through a crowd in a large theater, there can be a few hundred other people who you have to avoid smashing into, who are all moving around. I know navigating a seething roil of moving agents with unpredictable paths, without knocking into some of them is supposed to be a natural ability. But that’s something that, at least for me, takes a lot of effort.

Also, and this is just me, the noise of the environment is exhausting. I think it’s because I’m a bit hard of hearing, and theaters tend to trigger tinnitus for me, so I’ll have earbuds in, to avoid the one thing at the cost of exasperating the other. I avoid a lot of places because of the noise.

2 Likes

Your experience is not universal.

I have issues with mental illness, rooted in the shittiness of life with Asperger’s, aggravated by crippling permanent side-effects from previous psych meds (AKA drug-induced Tourette’s). When it’s all kicking up, even being within sight of other people is barely tolerable.

I managed to make it through Star Wars a few days ago, but by the end of the movie I was barely able to speak, fled as soon as I could, and spent a fair bit of the ride home screaming inside my helmet (hooray for motorcycle privacy). And that was at the end of a movie that I enjoyed, in the company of a friend (who I had to apologise to via SMS once I got home, because I couldn’t verbalise an explanation for my sudden departure at the time).

If I could afford a cave with wi-fi, that’s where I’d live. I might come out briefly once or twice a year.

4 Likes

Not really.

Also not really, though the idea is amusing.

Vulnerable, not exactly so. Having to go through the cognitive drain of navigating crowds and places without offloading it to somebody else, more so. Seeing others having fun with their girlfriends and friend groups, and being reminded of not having one, that’s more annoying.

The sum of these factors can result in the experience not being worth the total of the monetary and non-monetary cost.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if people were different, individuals, perhaps. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s what chromecast/appletv are for

1 Like

Or google cardboard.

1 Like