Can Westworld creators crack the code for a great Fallout adaptation?

My husband and I have always been big fans of the games. We’ve been laughing so hard and high fiving while watching the show. We don’t care if it’s stupid, it’s just really fun, and a lot of that is down to costume and set design. :heart:

5 Likes

Been watching with my BiL and nephew, who have both played all the games and are kind of fanatic about adaptations of stuff. I’ve never played. We’re all enjoying the show quite a bit.

1 Like

I found it interesting that they didn’t give a lot of background about what the vaults are and what vault-tec is in the first few episodes. How’s that scanning for you? Only asking because I expected a bunch of exposition but was surprised that the series seemed to assume you knew the premise already. Not that the basics of the premise are particularly difficult to suss out…

They managed to catch the heart and soul of the Bethesda Fallout (well, any of the Bethesda RPGs really) in one scene.

Lucy to Ghoul: You can’t treat people like this.
Ghoul: Yeah? Why’s that?
Lucy: Because of the golden rule. “Do unto others as you would have done unto you.”
Ghoul: Yeah, well, the Wasteland’s got its own golden rule.
Lucy: Oh? What’s that?
Ghoul: Thou shalt get sidetracked by bullshit every goddamn time.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.