Can you really laugh yourself to death?

Originally published at: Can you really laugh yourself to death? | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Would have been more poetic if it had been Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

20 Likes

5 Likes

More importantly, can you laugh OTHER people to death?

6 Likes

Sure you can.

12 Likes
1 Like

I think I tested this theory during the Wolfman scene in Monster Squad. I think it’s the hardest I ever laughed in my life.

4 Likes

As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

yes, I know he was poisoned, don’t @ me!

10 Likes

3 Likes

For those that understand Spanish:

2 Likes

Edit: Sorry, posted a link to the Monty Python sketch before I noticed @Brainspore, then thought better of it

3 Likes

That’s almost certainly how I’ll go.

I have a laughter syncope or “Seinfeld Syndrome.” If I laugh too hard I drop like a narcoleptic goat. I rarely drive and never turn on the radio when I do, just in case something’s particularly funny.

I do manage to laugh safely in most cases, just gently. It’s the big, unexpected gags that get me. Like nearly everything this little guy does.

cloudy with a chance of meatballs hair GIF

12 Likes

“One of these days, you idiots are gonna laugh yourselves to death!”

4 Likes

I guess it depends on who you are laughing at; guys with guns tend to be short on humour.

1 Like

The Blazing Saddles farting scene nearly did me in.

Also, “Can you laugh yourself to death?”

One can only hope…

4 Likes
6 Likes

Man. Not these days I can’t.

4 Likes

6 Likes

If anyone feels brave enough, you can watch The Goodes: Kung Fu Kapers here.

Please, let us know where to notify the next of kin.

7 Likes

The Goodies. Hm. The only time I actually laughed at their stuff was when they spoofed NASA and sent some rabbits to the Moon that later mutated and enslaved The Goodies. Along the way the rabbits (hilariously stiff and pathetic puppets) for whatever reason sang the Star Trek theme music. “Nnyaaah nyaaaah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaah!” Perhaps… perhaps… that was the episode that did Alex in.

3 Likes