Can you spot the leopard in this photo?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/27/can-you-spot-the-leopard-in-th.html

9 Likes

It took me 3 zoom levels before I could finally see it.

13 Likes

The leopard is only viewable when you actually click on the picture itself, the regular one that loads on twitter loses detail and makes seeing it pretty impossible even on the version that shows you exactly where it is.

30 Likes

Wow. It’s like an animal that has evolved to be invisible to its primate prey. Cool.

No… wait… uh oh…

16 Likes

Yeah, in the preview pic it’s totally invisible. In the full size pic it’s not that hard to spot.

It’s right in the middle of the picture too, the photographer is being cheeky.

7 Likes

I thought they came already spotted.

67 Likes

I can’t believe I wasn’t rick-rolled.

21 Likes

Not to contradict, but actually most animals have evolved to blend in with their surroundings.

I had the same effect with two African Buffalos, and an elephant. I nearly stepped on the first ones when they got up, and went on a stampede. Thankfully, away from me. The second one charged at me, twice, and then stood there, head and tusk shaking from one side to the other, with a herd behind her, silently passing by without even so much as rustling leaves.

And while I knew there were leopards, I haven’t seen one in three years of working in the African bush. Nearly the same for lions. I had to visit an East African national park which has packs well accustomed to tourist cars to see them. Leopards are far more difficult, even in East Africa. They are quite shy, and I guess I could sit on one and don’t see it…

11 Likes

Given enough time I’m sure I could find it, but my boss is telling me to get back to work.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Waldo was super easy to spot by the leopard.

13 Likes

I found it! I found it! What do I win?

4 Likes
4 Likes

The leopard was spotted before the photo wa even taken.

No work from me required.

21 Likes

“Such a comfortable rock!”

5 Likes

JPG is not doing us any favors here

8 Likes

Took me under a minute, but I threw it up on a fifty-inch display and slowly tracked my cursor back and forth until I found the kitty. Was that cheating?

Was%20That%20Wrong%2C%20Should%20I%20Not%20Have%20Done%20That%20-%20Jason%20Alexander%20as%20George%20Costanza%20on%20Seinfeld%20%5Boptimized%203MB%5D

10 Likes

I took me about 30 seconds, but I didn’t even bother until I clicked through to the original image.

Enhance.

(gif good for two posts in one hour!)

13 Likes

I think its fair game, the sharpness of the picture is lousy to begin with which makes finding the cat more difficult than it should be. Even knowing exactly where it is the details of the actual cat blurs out into the adjacent pixels.

8 Likes
4 Likes

There’s a pareidolia leopard face above and to the left of the real leopard, just above and a little to the left of a light colored rock.

6 Likes