Canada PM Trudeau self-isolating as coronavirus precaution after wife becomes ill

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/12/canada-pm-trudeau-self-isolati.html

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time to close the Canadian border?

1 Like

I think we are going to be hearing that more and more as this thing rolls on. But never fear, fellow USAians. We are still the greatest country on earth.

Good for him, by the way. Prudent.

I’m about to head into a meeting where I suspect the topic will be our first employee choosing to self isolate and attempt to be tested because she’s sick and concerned. Knowing the people I work for, I’m not expecting good things.

7 Likes
4 Likes

As a Canadian, I say yes please.

10 Likes

Noooo!!! Your crap beer is leagues better than our crap beer!!! How can we play hockey without a bucket full of Blue waiting for us in the locker room!!

[Yes, yes, I fully expect that our season will be cancelled before Monday rolls around.]

6 Likes

From a decades long Blue drinker; “Cheers!”

3 Likes

We solved a similar problem during Prohibition, we can do it again.

2 Likes

Meet me at the Blue Water bridge - it’s the narrowest crossing point.

3 Likes

Good for him. I honestly don’t know if this is necessary, but it sends a good signal to other Canadians. Of course, I hope he doesn’t actually contract the virus.

2 Likes

Too late but heavy, heavy medical staffing at every port of entry.

According to The Canadian Press, she tested positive

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.