Candy Quest: a text-adventure in defiance of the stupid Candy Crush trademark

[Permalink]

Quest? I think Activision owns that since they bought Sierra and the Space Quest, King’s Quest, and Police Quest games.

Saga? Sounds awfully close to Sega.

Also by Sierra: Quest for Glory.
Wikipedia states:
Quest for Glory is a series of hybrid adventure/role-playing video games (and later Action/RPG for game 5) designed by Corey and Lori Ann Cole. The series combined humor, puzzle elements, themes and characters borrowed from various legends, puns, and memorable characters, creating a 5-part series of the Sierra stable.
Although the series was originally titled Hero’s Quest, Sierra failed to trademark the name. Milton Bradley successfully trademarked an electronic version of their unrelated joint Games Workshop board game, HeroQuest, which forced Sierra to change the series’ title to Quest for Glory. This decision caused all future games in the series (as well as newer releases of Hero’s Quest I) to switch over to the new name.

HeroQuests are, of course, part of the Gloranthan Universe, wherein a RuneLord embarks upon a sacred journey to perpetuate the myths of his chosen cult.

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaw a hitler killed me!

Nice quest.

King has not received a trademark for “Saga,” although they do have an application pending.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.