Capitol rioter starring in Jesus Christ Superstar asserts "divine" authority to judge

Originally published at: Capitol rioter starring in Jesus Christ Superstar asserts "divine" authority to judge | Boing Boing

7 Likes

“As long as you’re living under our roof, you will abide by our rules, young man!”

–parents everywhere

33 Likes

Capitol rioter starring in Jesus Christ Superstar asserts “divine” authority to judge

24 Likes

This stuff is the absolute epitome of arrested development. A self-sovereign mind, unable to understand even the concept of social systems or to see further than the boundaries of one’s own skull.

Trump, it probably goes without saying, is the ne plus ultra of this reductive nonsense, which is why they love him.

24 Likes

Dude… newsflash;

YOU’RE NOT WHITE - therefore, THAT PRIVILEGED DELUSIONAL SHIT WON’T WORK FOR YOU.

23 Likes

I think we know how it’ll go for him if he insists on only organic food in jail.

15 Likes

FIFY

7 Likes

24 Likes

Even Jesus was subject to secular laws. That’s how he was freaking CRUCIFIED.

24 Likes

Judas is as Judas does.

7 Likes

They are good hot dogs.

17 Likes

9 Likes

Totally Kosher!

9 Likes

So, is James Beeks a member of this group?

3 Likes

Howell said, “is typically not released pre-trial,” though the judge eventually released Beeks on GPS monitoring

um… WTF?

7 Likes

There’s nothing more on brand for Judas than being a capital rioter.

4 Likes

Not like he’s at any serious risk; but I doubt he’d like any of the methods that the courts have of…transferring…inmates to divine jurisdiction. They certainly draw a lot of 8th amendment flak.

3 Likes

Something tells me that going with the “you’re not the boss of me” defense in court is not going to be effective…

13 Likes

Wait, he’s asserting “divine authority” on the grounds that he’s … Judas?

I think he might need to do some background reading, because last time I looked Judas wasn’t exactly flavor of the week with the celestial hierarchy.

4 Likes

For those who call Trump divinely appointed, I agree. God used Trump as a test. The religious people who elevate Trump are obviously more interested in wealth and power rather than following the example of Jesus who would be more interested in helping the poor and disadvantaged.

4 Likes