Capitol rioter starring in Jesus Christ Superstar asserts "divine" authority to judge

How appropriate.
Sometimes art follows reality.

The Judas of legend was hardly divine, & neither is this Judas.

Let’s see what happens when those conditions are broken.

2 Likes

Also;

4 Likes
8 Likes

Something something Matthew 7 1-5 eh?

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

3 Likes

He’s not just a sovereign citizen, he’s a sovereign deity.

3 Likes

reminiscent of when Paris Hilton was going to jail and thought her mother could overrule the judge

1 Like

The rationale for not letting him free before trial is that he’ll ignore the rule of law and scarper. The GPS monitor will report his position and alert if removed or tampered with which mitigates that risk somewhat.

1 Like

IKR? That’s a capital offense! :joy: :rofl:

See also Rev. William J. Barber II

From CNN:

arguing the government had no jurisdiction over him

That being the case, why would he have a big boner for Trump (or anyone) to preside over the ostensibly powerless governm–

You know what, never mind… :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Indeed, “Render unto Caesar” and all that.

1 Like

I hope he at least got 30 pieces of silver for his trouble…

I think you’re assuming that these folks actually read the bible rather than reading about particular interpretations of the bible…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.