Capybaras chow down on a jack-o-lantern

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/23/capybaras-chow-down-on-a-jack-o-lantern.html

6 Likes

I am sure many people are thinking “Awww cute”. I am thinking ROUSes (Rodents of Unusual Size, Princess Bride) and that’s my head after being buried up to the neck. Them chowing down. Also, 1984 with the rats in a cage on my head. Boo! Scary Halloween everyone.

1 Like

Fuzzyfungus, a scholar of Google University(PhD, DDS, DPhil, MD, OBE, et al.) wishes to validate your feelings of concern with empirical* evidence:

6 Likes

It’s not Halloween season. There is no Halloween season. Halloween is the eve of All Saints’ Day. One day before. Not a season.

2 Likes

speakatthevet

The Tick: You are telling me Speak is really a rodent!!?!!???
Vet: World’s largest.

2 Likes

I Am Jack’s Completely Hungry Capybaras.

6 Likes

Wrong. Halloween season runs concurrently with harvest season, both of which terminate on the same pagan holiday later appropriated by Christians.

Don’t make me school you on awards season’s relationship to Oscar night, also a pagan holiday.

11 Likes

tumblr_nve28kmKra1s2wio8o1_500|nullxnull

12 Likes

wednesday

9 Likes

7 Likes

Halloween is a Celtic festival, later appropriated by Christians, and it is one night of the year, not a season. I’m from Scotland, so I win.

1 Like

What’s your “prize,” then?

4 Likes

I’m Scottish, so I never win anything, even when I win.

5 Likes

Sounds like it sucks to be you; bummer.

3 Likes

How dare you sir. He died for our sins (and also because an undead savior is spookier).

7 Likes

Now that’s heresy, sir; SAM is the reason for the season:

3 Likes

Are you going guising?

Heavens no, that would be much more frightening than ghosties and ghoulies.

Jesus isn’t that spooky.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.