Capybaras occupy Buenos Aires suburb; no demands yet issued

The revolutionary capys forgive you!

Capybara GIF

14 Likes

I like soy milk (make it at home, its easy) but avoid soy cheese like the plague.

Soy milk is good as long as you don’t pretend its a substitute for milk and treat it like its own beverage.

2 Likes

I fully expected to find a Rodents Of Unusual Size reference here, but maybe I’m in the minority of folks who have that movie running in the back of my mind on a regular basis. :stuck_out_tongue:

Those capys are dang cute, though. I will love them and hug them and squeeze them and call them George.

6 Likes

Just think how different Rome might have turned out if the twins had a Capybara instead.

11 Likes

OK, I’ll preface this with: Capybaras are super cute and I have fed one grapes while scratching its chin and it made an adorable chortling / grunting sound that was very endearing.

However! They are also edible, apparently delicious (I have not eaten one, and won’t be doing so), and have a good hide for making leather. It seems like any true invasion would be short lived. It’s like an invasion of chickens, or pigs. Scary for a minute then delicious. More like “free range” than “invasive.”

9 Likes

I think we know what will happen to you when the capy revolution comes!

Fred Hampton Revolution GIF by Entertainment GIFs

7 Likes

They produce benevolence, peace and tranquility, not cheese.

14 Likes

Since this is their actual habitat, that they have historically lived in, well before it was turned into suburbs, it always feels more than a bit weird to frame it as an invasion or occupation. The numbers have increased since it got turned into suburbs, sure, but I guess “capybaras live where they always lived” is not much of a story.

Well, they do that too. Geese do like to nibble on grass.

I’m just now realizing that the Monty Python “cheese shop” sketch’s mention of “Venezuelan beaver cheese” was actually referencing capybaras (and an imaginary cheese, but I knew that part).

5 Likes

That’s just as good and it spreads real nice on a life.

6 Likes
13 Likes

You’re simply a month and a half behind…

5 Likes
2 Likes
9 Likes

Turkeys are slowly but surely taking over Minneapolis. The suburbs are already overrun by white tail deer. I’m just waiting for my first bear sighting.

3 Likes

Romulus and Remus?

3 Likes

We have rabbits. At various times places in the city became spots for people to abandon them.

Edit: I have no idea why something flipped the photo but I will keep an eye out for sky rabbits.

10 Likes

Ominous

2 Likes

OMG, sky buns!!!

5 Likes

Capybaras are exactly why I learned not to ask “what’s in this soup, it tastes great.” The Amazon, so many things to eat, so many things to eat you.

6 Likes

Hey cappies, feel free to take over, just play nice with cats. No rodents’ revenge, please.

1 Like