Of course there is a capybara café in Tokyo

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/02/of-course-there-is-a-capybara-cafe-in-tokyo.html

7 Likes

and very close to the Studio Ghilbi museum so you can do both in the same day.

11 Likes

I thought capybara were Jennifer Sandlin’s beat?

6 Likes

gets even curiousier as the linked comment page has it as a Dr Beschizza posting but the main page has it as a Gail Sherman post. It’s madness, i tells ya, madness!

more importantly: what curious feets capybara have!

3 Likes

Get out!

3 Likes

Now I have plans for when I visit my Brother In-Law!

2 Likes
6 Likes

The song I was looking for

9 Likes

I think Jennifer is now more focused on a marsupial based message?

2 Likes

Cat and Capy 2GETHA4EVA:

3 Likes

Had i known there was a capybara cafe in Tokyo i would’ve gone when i was there years ago, but there’s always next time hopefully :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Live in Stockholm!

Saw them at a wonderful, small venue. Such a great show, and such nice women.

5 Likes

I’m thinking surely there’s some horrible downside here that has stopped this from taking off elsewhere – kind of like how it is difficult to advocate keeping an owl or a fox as a pet. Are they stressed or somehow otherwise difficult to care for, perhaps?

1 Like

They are very big rodents. I would imagine they gnaw things up all the time.

5 Likes

And just by coincidence…

4 Likes

Jennifer hit back.

2 Likes

I’ve never had them but everyone I have talked to about them say that rats are just the most lovely pets. Very affectionate, intelligent, playful, and seemingly very happy. Most people don’t keep having them because they are so short lived and they can’t face the heartbreak over and over.

3 Likes

That is so cool! :smiley: Everyone I know who’s seen them also raves about how great they are :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.