Cards against Humanity donating money to National Network of Abortion Funds

Originally published at: Cards against Humanity donating money to National Network of Abortion Funds | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Their web site is even better. During checkout, you see this:

And if you click the “pro-life” button you get this:

15 Likes

Whatever happened to Max Temkin, anyway? (I mean, after what happened because of Max Temkin.)

5 Likes

Yay, Kansas doesn’t totally suck!

7 Likes

Good for them I guess. I’ve always hated that game for what it brought out in groups of otherwise good people.

1 Like

Nothing ‘brings’ anything ‘out’ of anyone; the choice to be decent or not resides within us all.

That some people actively choose to act poorly because of a game speaks volumes about those people’s core values.

7 Likes

Indeed; while I didn’t outright burn the collection I had, I did stop giving them money because of it.

Max Temkin is still a part-owner of CAH, although apparently he’s not involved in day-to-day operations and doesn’t interact with staff.

2 Likes

Agreed. But what the game does is provide a bunch of ‘edge’ case ‘jokes’ where people laugh uncomfortably and the juxtapositions of various ideas. Sadly, a lot of the content of CAH tends to encourage people to joke along those lines.

I just find myself uncomfortable while others laugh at the edginess. Not for me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.