Carl Weathers dead at 76

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/03/carl-weathers-dead-at-76.html

3 Likes

This multi-talented icon had a stew going, no doubt.

14 Likes

Introduced to him with Rocky, and have seen a ton of his work. I’ll miss him a lot, he was equally good at drama as well as comedy (Happy Gilmore comes to mind, as well as his stint on Arrested Development).

10 Likes

I enjoyed his performances quite a bit, and thought his turn behind the camera on The Mandalorian was a lot of fun.

RIP, Action Jackson.

12 Likes

Dillon, you son of a b—h.

Carl Weathers Handshake GIF

12 Likes

Canadians remember that he played football for the BC Lions 1971-73. :beers:

10 Likes

Loved his hilarious self-deprecating role as himself in Arrested Development too.

11 Likes

Rest in Power, king.

10 Likes

Aw man, he was in so many good things. And he JUST settled down on the outer rim!! RIP.

7 Likes

Me and my older brother will often greet each other this way. It’s a bummer that Carl Weathers has passed, i definitely enjoyed his acting and he’ll be missed

4 Likes

My favorite Carl Weathers anecdote:

When auditioning for Rocky, he felt he wasn’t so great. He called out to the casting director “if you can get me a real actor to work with here, I can give a much better performance”

The acting partner he was doing the scene with: Sylvester Stallone.

5 Likes

Luckily for him “someone who thinks he’s far superior to Sylvester Stallone” was exactly what the part called for.

8 Likes

Sincere respects for being a pretty good role model too - I do not recall any drama over drugs, alcohol, violence, etc. It makes me feel good, a nice, old fashioned good; to see people develop in an admirable manner as they go through life - He’s another guy who passed on way too early. :confused:

3 Likes

Adam Sandler Cinema Supremo GIF

8 Likes

Arrested Development GIF

4 Likes

He Greef Karga, the head of the Bounty Hunters Guild

I think Deadline accidentally a word.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.