Cartoonist Kayfabe dives into "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" -- dope smoking superheroes

Originally published at: Cartoonist Kayfabe dives into "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" — dope smoking superheroes | Boing Boing

3 Likes

dope smoking superheroes

What’s not to like, I axe yous.

4 Likes

“I’m Fat Freddy’s Cat
and I ain’t no kitty,
so don’t call me that
or I gonna get shitty!”

4 Likes

“1968 ?.. I can’t remember what happened to my Squrkin Works brass tube, cork
stoppered carburetor pipe … does that mean I really WAS there?”

3 Likes

I’ve seen the episodes so far, a bit of South Park and the Simpsons angles kind of updating the FFF Brothers,… Most of it’s pretty funny.

1 Like

When I was a kid in the 70s, the neighborhood record store/headshop in my small grimy midwestern city carried these comics.

I found them way more interesting than any superhero comics.

3 Likes

My Dad had a Fat Freddy’s Cat comic book that was a collection of all the strips dedicated to said feline that I read non-stop when I was wee, and was way “inappropriate” for my age (seriously, I was like 4-5 when I started reading it), and I absolutely adored it.
I’d go so far to say it had a formative effect on my sense of humour, and only got better as I got older and was able to recognise some of the more risque elements.

5 Likes

Same. The Black, in San Diego, had it alongside all the other trippy stuff they sold. As an 8-12 year old it seemed like a very funny world beyond my understanding, and very illicit.

3 Likes

The entire battle against the roach army was so hilarious, and it seemed to have been called out in a couple of sequences in the new series.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.