Furry Freak Brothers coming this fall, voiced by Woody Harrelson, John Goodman, Pete Davidson, and Tiffany Haddish

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/08/furry-freak-brothers-coming-th.html

6 Likes

This is awful. And not the good kind of awful. The kind of awful made for 12-year-old boys high for the first time.
I’m going to have to pull out my old Freak Brothers comics. I don’t remember them being this stupid. I could be wrong, because the 70s are kinda blurry for me.

13 Likes

It looked perfect, it sounded pretty decent but…whoever wrote this drivel missed the mark completely. There is no cleverness or edge here…move along.

14 Likes

It appears that this show will age just about as well as 2019 political cartoons will.

5 Likes

Ouch. Just, ouch.

As an aging hippie who once owned an enormous collection of Zap!, Weirdo, Head Comix, and other underground titles (man, what did I do with all of those?), this is just awful.

I mean, Family Guy awful.

9 Likes

Is this enjoyable to anyone? I don’t get it.

(goes back to watching The Midnight Gospel.)

3 Likes

Also, Fat Freddy’s Cat was very definitely a tom. I think I can safely assume that the character animation doesn’t include his balls, which were always on display in the comix.

14 Likes

Not sure how much fun this will be if they’re NOT always on the run from “the man” any more. :frowning:

4 Likes

Oh, dude

9 Likes

Was that a KFC commercial?

4 Likes

May Gilbert Shelton have gotten paid. Where’s the Wonder Warthog movie we all need?

6 Likes

a period piece firmly set in its historical moment might work better

5 Likes

That’s pretty bad.
Was that an oblique reference to Willie Nelson at the end, I wonder?

4 Likes

Shame that Bolexbrothers version never got off the ground, would have been great :frowning:

6 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (7)

1 Like

Damn…that is so much better than what we are getting…

2 Likes

2020 continues to suck in the most unexpected ways.

4 Likes

7 Likes

This seems to have missed the mark … how 2020 of it.

Confused

4 Likes

Wow, now that one looks too good, made me feel kinda… spaced out…

1 Like