Cash-strapped Kansas auctions huge lot of seized sex-toys

What’s the Matter With Kansas?

2 Likes

We should expect trickle down economics.

1 Like

I recall quite some time ago (it might have been a decade or two at this point) reading a story about a Russian manufacturer of neoprene scuba diving suits attempting to weather a market downturn by switching to dildo production; when things got even worse, they ended up paying their workers in dildos. The workers subsequently found difficulty in liquidating these assets as the market had moved on to vibrating devices.

I hate to leave this anecdote unsourced, but I am not feeling adventurous enough to go Googling for stories about people getting paid in dildos.

1 Like

I have no such fears, and my Googlefu is strong. (To avoid risky sites, just include “russian workers paid in dildos” as the search. That’s narrow enough to hunt the actual story as initial responses.) Anyway, here’s an article from The Economist about the company, Akhtuba Factory, and a few other “paid in-kind” stories. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Oh, God! I can’t stop laughing!

I am so buying the whole fucking lot and handing them out in front of the Westboro Baptist HQ.

Bonus points for rainbow buttplugs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.