Cash-strapped Kansas auctions huge lot of seized sex-toys

[Permalink]

2 Likes

It’s time to sell. They have been sitting on them for too long.

34 Likes

They sure pulled a boner.

7 Likes

“Brownback is so desperate to fill the massive hole…"

Oh thank you for that!

26 Likes

Brownback wants to do more than fill that budget hole. He wants to pound and pound that hole, reaming it into submission in a relentless show of force. These particular devices should serve his needs, thank you.

6 Likes

All in the name of some back door financing.

11 Likes

Bob Odenkirk saw this coming decades ago:

5 Likes

At least they’re legal in Kansas, unlike in some red states.

4 Likes

Holes must be filled.

3 Likes

Brokeback Brownback.

9 Likes

From the Kansas City Star, the source of this story:
Jeannine Koranda, spokeswoman for the Department of Revenue, noted that the state is not selling the adult items.

“The property was released back to the owner, who then contracted with the auction company to sell the items, and then that money will be used to pay the taxes,” Koranda said.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article2233475.html#storylink=cpy

The Salon aricle was not clear on this point.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Left out the money shot:

The online site lists about 400 lots — individual lots can contain dozens of items — that include the Pipedream Fantasy Love Swing, books, hundreds of DVDs, sex and drinking games, a wide assortment of sexually oriented equipment, carrying cases for devices, the Glass Pleasure Wand, bundles of lingerie and the Cyberskin Foot Stroker.

One of the lots contained 50 “premium” vibrators and a teddy bear. The bidding was at $10. Also available: two sets of sparkling sequin lounge pants, sizes large and small, as well as the Good Girl, Bad Girl Wrist Cuffs.

7 Likes

The actual auction page is here, start at page 24 for the big lots like: “DILDO, DILDO,DILDO, Get them while their hot!”[sic] and “DONGS ALL OVER THE WORLD!!”.

2 Likes

That’s actually just as bad - if not worse.

If the taxes owed had been on real property, the state would have just taken the property. The wouldn’t have given the owner a chance to sell it themselves and make the payment. The fact that the state is unwilling to take dildos and other sex toys (which will sell at good market value), but will take a home, and then hold it or sell it at a reduced value should say something very, very negative about that state.

7 Likes

This would be a real hoot if it were happening anywhere…

But Kansas just makes it extra special.

1 Like

wait, so you’re saying that i can keep a tenuous finger-hold on my civil liberties if i keep my hard assets in dildo form?

5 Likes

It’s time for Kansas to pull themselves up by the bootstrap-ons.

6 Likes

Slightly off this topic, but relevant is my memory that during the 70’s, while Kansas was a dry state, they had a crusading attorney general, who would ride the passenger train while it passed through the state, and bust it for selling alcohol. He also threatened to bust airlines for selling alcohol while flying over the state.

Not sure what his attitude would be to dildos.

3 Likes