Kansas finally bans cops from having sex with detainees, people undergoing questioning, witnesses, and people they pull over during traffic stops

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/15/kansas-finally-bans-cops-from.html

Even if it is legal, having sex with someone you arrest should violate a raft of ethical rules and code of conduct agreements!

But it’s still legal for stripper cops to slap cuffs on bachelorettes for being dangerously sexy, right?

This does not bode well for recruitment.

Yes!

And the fact they had to pass a law specifically prohibiting it is proof of the moral and ethical bankruptcy of the institution.

So… rape with a badge is still legal in 32 states. Gotcha.

Umm…

…cops could have consentsex with people they’d arrested, provided their sexual partners “consented”

@doctorow Needs more proofreading

Kansas finally bans cops from having sex with detainees, people undergoing questioning, witnesses, and people they pull over during traffic stops

Still not going there, ever.

Yeah, I knew there was a good reason why I drive AROUND it. I thought I was avoiding it for fear of falling asleep at the wheel, but now…

Oooh, I do love some hot consent! (or do I mean ‘a hot croissant’?)

Probably. 'Cos I’m pretty sure it’s not hot cross buns.

ETA Did you know that when Barbie’s Ken had a cop uniform outfit, they released a perfume to go with it. Yep: it was Hot Ken scent.

… and proof of the moral and ethical bankruptcy of the DAs and the gotta-back-the-cops-up-at-all-costs politicians that let them get away with it.

no doubt any LEO affected will be sure to comply now.

Yeah, I know. Now I have to cancel my Kansas crime and sex with cops vacation.

Avoiding all the states that still allow cops to rape people and claim consent is kinda hard:

Source:

Well this is the same state where a judge just bought an argument that a man can’t be a racist because he’s gay.

Lawrence, KS is actually a great place. It makes Berkeley look conservative by comparison.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.