Cassette-based D&D adventures and dungeon-delving soundtracks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/03/cassette-based-dd-adventures.html

8 Likes

Dude. This is awesome.

3 Likes

This is a very cool idea, but I just looked through all of my old electronics. I have no cassette players remaining, not do I have my 8-track anymore. And I’m afraid I just can’t get my wax cylinder player working either. Do they maybe offer the audio on Magic Mouth format?

5 Likes

This is great. Love the packaging and dig the music.

4 Likes

Sat but true story:

I had a cassette-based dungeon adventure game that took 20 minutes to load onto my TRS-80.

7 Likes

Nice… ran across this a while ago on some random reddit thread when I was trying to find fantasy inspired synth music (I thought there was more from the 70s and 80s than it turns out there actually is), saw you mention this a few months ago… is good! More ellipses because I’m secretly a boomer… </vocal fry>

5 Likes

Try the Dungeon Synth Archives

7 Likes

I was going to make a joke about hating D&D game cassette music (if you played the cassette through a speaker, instead of porting in, it skwanked real good), but then you reminded me about load process time and I got sad.

4 Likes

Ah the good old days, when that was the only thing that made us sad.

4 Likes

Subscribed. This would be cool for DM’s to play while running a game. It will also be my new study and WFH music and you should have it playing in the background of every work call. With screams.

What’s that???” Oh, nothing.

I just sync’d “Haunted Realm” with the latest Trump press conference and it aligns quite disturbingly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.