Stranger Things soundtrack on vinyl, and covers by Tangerine Dream

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/13/stranger-things-soundtrack-on.html

1 Like

TD, most boring concert ever.
But I never saw Jesus and Mary Chain.

3 Likes

The band name is actually S U R V I V E. And their back catalog is pretty much exactly what you would expect if you liked the Stranger Things soundtrack; more experimental, but completely analog.

There is also a sweet (Free!) Ableton Live patch module that has some pretty good approximation of some of the sounds.

1 Like

I saw Jesus and Mary Chain a while back, because I had never seen them during their heyday and I really like them. It was surprisingly boring. One of the few shows I’ve been to that actually was no better than staying home and listening to recordings.

3 Likes

Already sold out. :cry:

EDIT: Also, why is the official release Red, but the pictured has that awesome mottling?

1 Like

I too quite like their music. I’m glad I never saw them.
TD was like that too. And they had Lazarium.
It didn’t help.

2 Likes

Funny, I was having trouble sleeping last night and wound up listening to a couple of Vangelis albums and TD’s Exit (I know they have a zillion albums, but of the very few I’ve heard it’s my favorite by far, and there were a couple I really disliked. Actually I could kinda say that about Vangelis too.)

1 Like

Given that Stranger Things was set in 1985, (an extortionately expensive) CD would be more appropriate.

1 Like

In 85? Casette is most likely, vinyl not too far off from that.

I had my first CD player in 1990 as I recall.

Actually yeah, you’re right, cassette would’ve been where it was at.

I hated those things - hissy, often got jammed (particularly if you put it someone grody old car stereo), rewinding and stuff. They didn’t even kill music like they were supposed to.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.