Casting contract for HBO's Westworld: fully-nude bareback riding and "genital-to-genital touching"

What the hell’s going on here? Why would HBO be so stupid to sign a contract with AFTRA that thwarts their ability to feature gratuitous nudity? I would think that informing actors and actresses about these matters is just common courtesy. But NOOO. Aftra evidently wants to protect the right of talent to enter into these contracts naively and then waste everybody’s time when the scene, as expected, calls for nudity and simulated sex…

2 Likes

Yes he is, well, an interpretation –

Love, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We’re expecting you.
Love, life’s sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

Love won’t hurt anymore
It’s an open smile on a friendly shore.

2 Likes
14 Likes

Since we’re talking about robot horses genital-to-genital contact is OK as long as the horsebot stamps twice and the little green LED out back turns on.

What?

Oh. Sorry.

Never mind.

5 Likes

You misunderstand. This was just an audition requirement.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I think AFTRA is just saying that it doesn’t matter if you signed an agreement to perform simulated sex or not, you can back out of the act at any time if you get too uncomfortable. Seems pretty reasonable to me: a contract can’t be used as leverage to sexually abuse an aspiring actor.

3 Likes

Deckard: Excuse me, Miss Salomé, can I talk to you for a minute? I’m from the American Federation of Variety Artists.
Zhora: Oh, yeah?
Deckard: I’m not here to make you join. No ma’am. That’s not my department. Actually, uh. I’m from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses.
Zhora: Committee of Moral Abuses?
Deckard: Yes, ma’am. There’s been some reports that the management has been taking liberties with the artists in this place.
Zhora: I don’t know nothing about it.
Deckard: Have you felt yourself to be exploited in any way?
Zhora: How do you mean, exploited?
Deckard: Well, like to get this job. I mean, did you do, or- or were you asked to do anything lewd or unsavory or otherwise, uh, repulsive to your person, huh?
Zhora: Ha. Are you for real?
Deckard: Oh yeah. I’d like to check your dressing room if I may.
Zhora: For what?
Deckard: For, uh, for holes.
Zhora: Holes?
Deckard: You’d be surprised what a guy’d go through to get a glimpse of a beautiful body.

7 Likes

Is this being shot in Chatsworth or Van Nuys?

4 Likes

HBO, apparently

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.