Casting contract for HBO's Westworld: fully-nude bareback riding and "genital-to-genital touching"

[Read the post]

1 Like

Penny Arcade

15 Likes

HBO: we need people to “pose on all fours while others who are fully nude ride on your back”

If you want to do that, just go to your local DMV.

5 Likes

This was done already but I can’t find the link… searching now.
ETA ahh it was BBS only on the HYST thread

As I said in follow up while not shown in the original movie the main characters have sex with the saloon girl robots and Roman World is sold as all the decadent pleasures of the time. So yeah I am sure HBO is going to be a bit more explicit about it.

3 Likes

Yeah, the only way this could be any more graphic is if they remade Fantasy Island.

5 Likes

Yup and if I remember correctly it was an android refusing sex in Medieval world that was one of the first signs that things were about to go badly.

5 Likes

It’s in the pipeline at ABC so will presumably be less explicit.

1 Like

2 Likes

How can you get a Mr. Roarke any cooler than Ricardo Montalban?

3 Likes

Is he recreating the Korova Milkbar?

12 Likes

damn…just re-watched that the other night. Incredible movie for being made in 1971.

BTW - Did you know the guy who played the strong man Julian (who carries the old guy in the wheelchair) is David Prowse - aka Darth Vader?

15 Likes

Phyllis and Aristotle?

we need people to “pose on all fours while others who are fully nude ride on your back”

Where do I sign up?

2 Likes

Kudos to SAG-AFTRA for reminding HBO that when you sign labour agreements you actually have to honor the damn things, no matter how desperately you want to see boobies. Guess organized labor has it’s uses after all.

Nothing too surprising about this. I remember seeing the original Westworld, and the sequel, Futureworld, back in the '70s. The whole point of the constructed environments was to let people to live out their fantasies, in a way that was consequence-free (until… something goes worng). So that’s obviously going to include sexual fantasies.

This may be of interest

1 Like

Organized prudery? Maybe HBO should offshore this project.

1 Like

“Bareback riding?” Guess they won’t be shooting it in Los Angeles.

3 Likes

Uh-oh, @Papasan’s been possessed by the ghost of Rodney Dangerfield again.

2 Likes

Organized prudery? Well, if actually informing day-players they have the contractual right to withdraw consent to being put in sexually explicit situations is “prudery” in your book, so be it. I’m one of those old-fashioned girls who believes contracts are contracts, and you can’t decide to ignore them when you’re in the mood to cut corners.

2 Likes