Masked employee in Ohio haunted house park pushes down and mock-rapes horrified visitors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/16/masked-employees-in-ohio-haunt.html

2 Likes

The Kavanaugh home again?

24 Likes

That’ll be news to Hollywood.

13 Likes

Eh that sort of behavior should definitely not be in an “all ages” venue. Also should be mentioned in the waivers being signed as that’s a lot more than “may touch you”.

10 Likes

I understand that it’s not what people are looking for in a haunted house, but

A representatives from the park, Jeremy Caudill, says he was “shocked” and “appalled” and that the employees “who worked in the area where the incident allegedly occurred have been suspended” while they investigate. “Obviously, rape is a horrible act,” he said. “Even a mock rape scene has no place as part of any entertainment.”

But mock murder? Peachy keen!

Our society is sick.

13 Likes

Stanford prison experiment

1 Like

Being killed and eaten by monsters is a primal, though absurd, fear. Rape isn’t, though for those individuals perpetrating this, it obviously was seen as being on the same level (something horrible, but in a totally abstract way) with being eaten by zombies.

12 Likes

First, this happened, not in the extreme haunted house, where you have to sign a waiver to go in, but in the regular one, where you DON’T have to sign a waiver and there is an expectation that they will not touch you while you go through.

Second, this was a mock rape, so fuck that noise.

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

25 Likes

Why? Were they drinking beer? KryBabyKavvy likes a beer or two.

2 Likes

“‘Not anymore, he’s mine now. I’m going to rape him,’ and then he started thrusting against me.”

Um, Mock Rape? No it’s RAPE! And whom ever the dumb fuck that thought this was a good idea, please fire them…

24 Likes

If theses “actors” wanna play out their deeply hidden desires on unsuspecting youth, why don’t they just turn the closet key and call it a day.

You know you’re wrong when you get @Papasan to swear without blurs!

16 Likes

That’s an excellent line for a forth coming song. Thank you!

14 Likes

“Even a mock rape scene has no place as part of any entertainment“

I totally agree! Give that guy manager of the year.

If it were me, even if I read “situations could involve mock rape of participants by a live actor” on a waiver, I would give it a firm NOPE.

Like @Shuck wrote, there’s a difference between being killed and eaten by monsters and being raped. Rape is something that happens to a lot of people, while being chased by a dude with a chainsaw or pursued by zombies is not, so it is easier to suspend your disbelief in that regard.

12 Likes

Yeah, there’s a big difference between “shoulder grabbed with a loud scream” for a jump-scare, and “pushed onto a mattress and thrust against”. I have to wonder if these a-holes got the shit kicked out of them a few times in doing this.

10 Likes

I sure as hell hope so…

13 Likes

This has to be classified as sexual assault, “mock” or no.
The act was unwanted, coercive and sexual in nature.

16 Likes

Scary is one thing. This crosses the line to actual sexual assault. Once the “no” was ignored that goes double or triple. If you don’t understand the distinction between fake blood and real sexual assault I am sorry for you.

9 Likes

Not only that. If someone was to simulate rape, it goes directly to he hippocampus and can be as traumatic as if an actual physical rape was committed. Traumatizes a male or female forever. The whole idea is disturbing.

4 Likes