"Castration by clamping" leads to court conviction for UK nullos

Originally published at: "Castration by clamping" leads to court conviction for UK nullos | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Just when I thought I’ve see all the crazy … (Yeah I know, there is a bunch of crazy out there.)

6 Likes

Just wait until the TERs weaponise it, because you know they will.

8 Likes

I read the phrase “castration by clamping” and thought “Wow, penalties for unauthorized parking are getting really fierce these days”.

I had not previously been aware of the existence of “nullos” as a thing (aside from folks like Marshall Applewhite and his friends). I have now read the Wikipedia entry and I am wiser, but not happier, as a result.

16 Likes

hmm… presumably the accompanying image of (Arnold Judas) Rimmer has something to do with the single Red Dwarf episode “Cured”?

8 Likes

It’s interesting that you go after a historical group who are considered trans related, rather than more contemporary groups who aren’t.

I wonder why that is?

:thinking:

9 Likes

Or Ice Pirates.

7 Likes

It seems…interesting…that the article passes over without comment the question of whether the conduct was consensual.

Apparently it’s legally irrelevant because reasons; but it hardly seems irrelevant to the story of the case.

13 Likes

You are right in pointing this out. However weird this seems to me, and maybe to others, the repetitive nature of the different mutilations indicate more a consensual conduct than anything else.

5 Likes

Yeah, if this is all consenting adults, then I don’t think the law should be involved.

There’s an interesting corner of psychology about whether people who want to remove, say, a perfectly functional arm or leg are by definition not of sound mind. Nipples and genitals are an easier case to make, I’d say, since their absence wouldn’t impair day to day life for people with no interest in sex.

2 Likes

Season 6 What GIF by Paramount+

3 Likes

Per the Browns decision above the House of Lords has determined that the law should be involved. As it happens many people have from the word go noticed the difference in language and outcome for other consensual kink cases and concluded that cisheteronormative bias is at play. Which it is.

3 Likes

There is a rare psychological condition where people feel that various body parts are not their own, down to imputing actual malice to them. Sometimes they go to the extreme of wanting the offending part removed. This should not be confused with people wanting to undergo gender changing alterations.

7 Likes

Man, I remember running into this sort of thing on the early web, around 2000 or so. Some extreme guy removed all his bits. Some site had an interview with him and he did the work himself and I guess other than the whole no longer having bits, he was doing ok.

:confused: I can’t tell if this is just another “do what you want” things or “you really need to seek help” things.

2 Likes

Average Hotspur fan

And every single image it came up with included a heavily mustachioed man, and in all but one he’s sitting with a young girl. Creepy. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I may well have the wrong perspective on this, but it seems to me it’s not so much a consent issue as one of unlicensed/amateur surgery?

5 Likes

Makes me wonder from which barrel they scraped the training data. Not going to look for it, though.

3 Likes

A resulting House of Lords judgement, R v Brown, ruled that consent was not a valid legal defence for actual bodily harm in Britain.

3 Likes

Out of all the weirdness of the story (trying not to kink shame), I must admit it was the mustaches that gave me pause.

Mustaches? Mustachii?

3 Likes