Cat boops prickly hedgehog friend

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/26/cat-boops-prickly-hedgehog-fri.html

11 Likes

I was a hedgehog in my last lifetime. Or so I’m told.

10 Likes

(looks askance in your direction) Unsure if that’s a Ron Jeremy reference, or something else…

Also, this makes five cute/funny videos in a row from Xeni. I’m hoping she’s okay.

11 Likes

Are you round & prickly?

6 Likes

Maybe she just needs a small break from all the ceaseless negativity.

I know I do.

22 Likes

It’s the soft under belly isn’t it?

5 Likes

I’m a hedgehog right now.

12 Likes

Perhaps more like super-fast-curl-ups in the face of feminine curiosity. I was just like than when I was 9 years old. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is there some specific reason we’re not calling them pokéballs?

9 Likes

— And when you bought the Brooklyn Bridge was that before or after your existence as a valued member of the family Erinaceinae ??

Of course it’s unperturbed. The hedgehog can never be—er— bothered at all. https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Hedgehog_song

Seems a little sad for hedgehogs who might go in for that sort of thing…

4 Likes

I barely know you, so I ain’t saying.

4 Likes

Went to a barbeque at a friend’s house, he has two huge dogs that look like Huskies but aren’t, and we noticed they were getting very excited about something at the end of the garden. I went over to check what was up and found they were very confused about what this ball made of spikes was, how it got there and what to do with it now. It was impressive how effective the roll-into-a-ball defense mechanism worked against these two comparatively enormous dogs, who didn’t have a clue how to deal with it. After a little while the dogs gave up and wandered away. Ten minutes later, the hedgehog just wasn’t there any more.No-one had seen it leave, not the humans or the dogs - it’s not the spikes that protect the hedgehog, it’s the boredom.

6 Likes

And their ability to dematerialise.

1 Like

Stupid cat. If it booped with out rhythm, it wouldn’t attract the pokes.

(This joke only works as a call back if you stalk my posts.)

3 Likes

Or if you know the song.

(Spoiler!)

ezgif-3-1d5514b4a7

2 Likes

or Popples

Now you do, Bazinga!!

1 Like

I miss @nemomen and Princess Pricklepants.

6 Likes

Oh! delusion, delusion, such is confusion!! if THAT is is sweet Miss Pricklepants, where is her dirndl? Her Daddy was so very de riguer, always so elegant in lederhosen. That being said the
“imposter” is a real cutie-pie.