Cat gets a surprise (wait for it)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/05/kitty-surprise-box.html

10 Likes

21 Likes

Love + Death + Robots?

Also - what am I missing the video? That it seemed to figure out the toy?

9 Likes

Yup. Episode is Three Robots.

That’s my take.

5 Likes

A little too adult for the kiddo, but I told her they made an Exploding Kitten reference.

Some awesome animation in that series.

2 Likes

Being a huge fan of The Oatmeal and Matthew Inman in general, I recently recived my Kickstarter edition of Throw Throw Burrito. I’m pretty sure Inman is a regular on the annual JoCo Cruise run by geek musician Jonathan Coulton, and I know John Scalzi, who wrote that episode (as well as When the Yogurt Took Over and Alternate Histories), goes every year, so they probably know each other.

4 Likes

The clip on BB missed the good bit, click the link and watch the whole thing.

(I was perplexed until I saw it too)

6 Likes

34da21e3fd248c6bb2311b7d42ea48d2c82d9e2a

26 Likes

That’s a very cute way to donate blood pretty quickly, haha!

15 Likes

15 Likes

What’s going on here? Even when i go to the imgur app it plays the same short clip. Why is imgur so bad?

3 Likes

That’s odd. I’m seeing the full 14 second clip. At the start the kitteh is reaching into the left-most hole with left paw. Retracts paw and steps on middle lever. Prize pops up. Kitteh solves the puzzel. Kitteh is adorable throughout.

Are you seeing the embedded imgur clip below the brief gif which is below the still image?

This?:

5 Likes

Ok thanks yeah that’s exactly what i see. I mean it’s very impressive but the way it was worded i was expecting something unexpected. It was driving me nuts!

11 Likes

I also thought I was missing something, so I’m grateful for this exchange :slight_smile:

It sure looks like the kitty figured it out, but I’m not 100% convinced. Leaving one paw on the paddle and grabbing the mouse with it’s mouth or other paw would have convinced me, maybe that is what I was waiting for?

5 Likes

sooner or later the cat was going to swipe a lever. come on. they ain’t exactly gonna send this cat into space or anything. average freakin cat.

It’s all fun and games until Whack-a-Finger turns into Claw-or-Bite-a-Finger.

1 Like

com-optimize

6 Likes

The video cuts off when the cat spends the next 15 years completely ignoring that box.

1 Like

pool-scare

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.