Cat jumps on imam leading prayer in mosque (video)

Originally published at: Cat jumps on imam leading prayer in mosque (video) | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Aw! Kitty wants to pray too!

19 Likes

Unflappable and undeterred. The imam was cuddling the cat during his prayers.
Clearly he is good people.

31 Likes

Fantastic! Well done that imam. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes

Cat wants a snack, dammit! It’s Ramadan and everybody’s fasting!

15 Likes

Best seat in the house.

5 Likes

Aww, sweet kitty! I’m going to go home and snuggle mine soon!

6 Likes

“Ma’am, I’m an imam”

…isn’t a palindrome, but it should be.

8 Likes

Seth Meyers Sarcasm GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

11 Likes

Didn’t miss a note. That’s dedication.

8 Likes

“There’s a date somewhere here, I can smell it!” - :cat2:

4 Likes

My cat Pastel jumped on my back from behind last night, and I could swear I hit a falsetto note.

(She does the same shoulder perch thing as the cat in the video)

9 Likes

From a documentary called Kedi

“Dogs think people are God, but cats don’t. Cats are aware of God’s existence. Cats know that people act as middlemen to God’s will. They’re not ungrateful, they just know better.”

17 Likes

I’m thinking when they climb us like trees, it hurts! Unless the robes are extra thick I’d guess that guy was suppressing some sharp pain while still singing the prayer.

6 Likes

More like Ramadan Meow-barak, amirite?

3 Likes

Try the Anglicans.

8 Likes

And here I am, complaining when I can’t get thru a piano lesson without the cat interrupting…

3 Likes

Aside from protecting granaries and food stores from pests, cats were valued by the paper-based Arab-Islamic cultures for preying on mice that destroyed books. For that reason, cats are often depicted in paintings alongside Islamic scholars and bibliophiles.

9 Likes

I don’t normally use this expression, but I’ll admit, the imam handled the situation like a boss, and didn’t miss a beat.

As a side note, cats are a revered animal in Islam and Prophet Muhammad was a big fan of cats and owned several of them.

7 Likes

Allah board!

8 Likes