Cat revs self up to jump through hoop held high

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/09/cat-revs-self-up-to-jump-throu.html

13 Likes

GIF doesn’t do it justice … 5:45 in the video.

15 Likes

No fair, the floor is slippery!

And I would like to know what they’re using for bait/reward.

12 Likes

That woman’s very soul I’ll wager.

5 Likes

Dunno, but that is a seriously treat motivated cat. Most cats can be trained, but if they aren’t hungry or otherwise just not in the mood, nothing doing.

5 Likes

The cats around here think nothing of hopping our 6’ picket fence just to $@#$% our flower garden.

5 Likes

Yes, but if you tried to get them to jump the fence and @#% on command, I’m thinking probably not.

12 Likes

Catnip?
Fresh tuna?

Oh wait…

How Cats Might Manipulate You

Frequently humans try training cat tricks and give up because their Kitty seems to be lacking in attention span. That is, the very cat that meows at them for 30 minutes straight can’t seem to focus for 5 minutes to learn a new trick. If that seems odd to you, it should. What Kitty has is not a lack of attention span, rather, it’s a case of Kitty manipulating you. She wants the food but she wants you to do the tricks—like running after her and trying to put the treat up to her face as she walks away from you around the room. …

9 Likes

As cats go, that’s no deal breaker for me. People are allowed their moods, so why shouldn’t kitties (who are cuter and clean themselves)? :wink:

Some sort of Bene Gesserit, Prana-Bindu, mind/body discipline in prep for the launch.

Very zen.

Very Meow’ dib.

12 Likes

I should hope so. People who want a trainable cat should get the special variety called “dogs”, who are much more amenable to doing tricks. I, on the other hand, spend my time trying to resist being trained by cats, trying to resist get up earlier and earlier to feed impatient kitties, to resist the paw to the mouth, the the criss-cross walks across my chest, the incredibly loud “solicitation purrs” and more. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s
what cats
are fffoooooorrrrrrrr. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mine used to push CDs off my desk to get me out of bed in the morning. One at a time.

5 Likes

-ahem- I bet the cat in this video begs to differ

via:

2 Likes

Cats beg for NOTHING!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Cats never forget a successful tactic at annoying humans into compliance. Never.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cats in a performance setting? That’s what amazes me.

I was impressed by the trainers’ sense of timing. Trick, wait . . ., trick, wait . . . , nonverbal inter-cat, inter-trainer dialog, rel-a-a-a-x, trick . . . .

Definitely another component in How-they-do-it. Timing is very much a key in the cat-talk-lock. A verb with a thousand cases.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.