Cat who is getting a bath says “no more”

Wonderfully done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was watching this only this afternoon. Watching John Hurt was like watching Derek Jacobi as the Master -“wait, was that it?”

Wild felines don’t seem to be neurotic about water - saw a leopard go into a stream and kill a croc on utube. Maybe it’s not the water but the HUMAN trying to exert dominance and control. Darn humans. I bet if you ried to force a leopard into a tub it would also complain, and kill you.

3 Likes

This wouldn’t keep happening, if the cat would just learn to put the lotion in the basket.

4 Likes

We had a cat that would regularly walk over the ceramic hobs on the cooker when they were on. She never learned.

Some domestic breeds are fond of water. @davide405’s example could be a Van, also known as “the swimming cat.”

(Then there’s মাছবাঘ, the “fish tiger.” Not domestic, but preys mainly on fish.)

2 Likes

I think that was a Jaguar, but that does not diminish the correctness of your point.

Mark Twain addressed nearly this same point…

Source

I think this does not mean that cats are not smart animals, rather than it means we naked apes have created an environment more complex than their non-apex-predator brains can correctly assimilate.

Clearly, I’m a cat faving fool. FWIW, I strongly identify with the fellows who have produced the YouTube series defined by this first post

I am that guy with all the cats.

1 Like

The good thing is that there are now all sorts of excellent and safe medications for fleas at your veterinarian (please be very careful about OTC meds, some are very safe, some not so much so).

My favorite for when you have to get rid of fleas NOW is nitenpyram (Capstar)[also available OTC). It’s extremely safe, and the fleas start dropping off dead within 30 minutes. Beyond that, your cat will clean itself.

Fun side note, tapeworms are carried by fleas, so, especially with cats (because of their grooming behaviors), if you’ve got fleas, keep an eye out for tapeworms.

And that’s all the free Veterinary advice from a licensed veterinarian for the evening (F-in-A, I don’t know why I can’t leave work at work!)[big mouth I guess…]

2 Likes

Good call. I saw a couple of cats come in that had fallen into a bucket of paint thinner, and had groomed it off (mostly). The toxic effects were not pleasant to say the least. One cat survived, the other not so much…

1 Like

Fleas, for one. When the former outdoor kitten is 1/4 fleas by weight when brought into the home, steps must be taken.

1 Like

Cats and baths do not mix.

Do not let cats out of doors.

1 Like

Extremely uncool.

I hope that cat’s name is like… ziggy stardust or something.

1 Like

So we should never have let that kitten be born and live outside before we found it. Check.

2 Likes

Thin Wet Duke obvs.

3 Likes

5 Likes

yeah, back when i had that tortie and she had fleas, she also had tapeworms. poor baby. it was an unhappy time for her.

1 Like