Catch a glimpse of the BBC's The City and the City

Isn’t it coming to Prime? I thought Amazon bought it.

Sorry - didn’t mean to be pedantic, was actually curious about which Chabon work was about a living city. I think I’ve read all his books, and I can’t remember anything along those lines; I’d actually kinda like to see what he’d do with the subject.

Watched it on satellite (Sky) here in NZ - it’s great, it’s been a while since I read the book so while I know the atmosphere is excellent I can’t comment on how close they follow the original plot (though I felt that they downplayed the fascist election plot thing)

(has no one mentioned that this is a short adaption - 4 episdodes)

I have to differ about Perdito St Station, I so want to see that as a live action miniseries (13 episodes or so) - with all that dark foreboding

1 Like

BTW one of the things the clip doesn’t show is how much colour is used to represent the two cities, one is yellows and browns, the other neon reds and blues - each is shown out of focus to the inhabitants of the others

2 Likes

Much better than his other work, The Sex and the Sex.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. As a big fan of the author, and the book, that surprised me. So, well done the BBC, I guess.

I loved Embassytown. I just loved it. Now if someone could figure out how to film that

1 Like

Have seen it, and liked it a lot. It felt a bit rushed, but that’s probably not too bad, give the number of padded out TV shows that are on these days.

Otherwise known as ‘a normal length BBC series’ … :slight_smile:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BritishBrevity

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.