There's a Black Mirror book coming, and I'm gonna help write it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/21/twilight-zone-plus-plus.html

6 Likes

Oh boy, here we go. Where’s the ‘Cory talking about his books’ filter on boingboing? jk man, good luck.

1 Like

Is it just novelizations of the TV episodes? If not, excellent! (If it is I still might read it.)

Charlie Brooker is awesome. I’m not even from the UK and ran across his Newsswipe show on YouTube, followed by gamesswipe and weeklywipe. I think I ran across it because I was looking for Adam Curtis videos. I also read his articles on the Guardian. Im very happy he’s getting some publicity in the states. Good for Cory, he’s in good company.

2 Likes

Walkaway?

Maybe one of the stories will be set in a techno-dystopian near future where the ONLY literature is novelizations of TV episodes.

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, Cory can talk about every frickin’ book he’s ever written here. I haven’t found one yet I didn’t like.
Although, I am struggling a bit with Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town, but I haven’t put it down yet.

2 Likes

Congratulations, @doctorow! This sounds like a fun series of books.

1 Like

Given that I don’t believe Cory ever wrote an episode, looks like it’s fresh stories.

His *wipe shows are superb but I wish he’d do more of them. We did get a Philomena Cunk spin-off but I want more Brooker!

PS. Nice one, Cory!

I found that one the least like his other books. Half of it was pretty good, the other half was just too weird for me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.