Catch more fish with this underwater camera attachment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/25/catch-more-fish-with-this-unde.html

The whole point of recreational fishing is so that you can relax without having to constantly be engaging with shit.

25 Likes

It’s fun to watch a fish make its final bad decision.

4 Likes

As much as I pan the BB shop I have something like this. Non-wifi, though, just records to an SD card.

I also paid $190 less for it, so I guess I am not a hypocrite after all!

4 Likes

If you want to relax, don’t go fishing with Bass or Musky fishermen.

If you can find a buddy who is all-species, that is the way to go. They are also more likely to have beer or weed.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m a trout guy. Most days it’s just quietly sitting for a few hours. Maybe catch one or two.

7 Likes

Fly fishing is near constant activity. Still, there’s the meditative cast-step-cast of steelheading or the near chair-nap of trolling a lake in a float tube. Punctuated by pandemonium.

5 Likes

If fish lived on land, in which country would they live?

Finland!

tenor

11 Likes

How does wifi work under water, anyway?

1 Like

Float attachment allows it to sit on the water and enables live streaming.

Oh! In that case… Im unlikely to take it fishing, but I could see putting it on a ROV sub.

4 Likes

And if all the fish is already gone, you can always watch all the plastic float by. Maybe a jellyfish or two to liven up the scenery.

4 Likes

Totally agree, however I must augment this by saying that fly-fishing whilst on weed is both the most pleasurable and most difficult experience a fish stalker can undertake. Especially the period where you have gathered a seine sample and are inspecting the local insect community to “match the hatch” for the proper fly.

Oh, the mindwarp…

4 Likes

Jeeze, I can’t imagine being able to get into the right frame of mind to kill an animal while high. I get all sappy and feel really connected to nature. Would definitely feel wrong.

1 Like

Catch and release…

4 Likes

Frankly that’s worse, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Understandable perspective. Good thing is, it’s not like hunting with a gun.

The thing about it is that whilst on weed the likelihood of actually catching a fish via fly drops dramatically!

Sadly, the GoFish product promoted herein will not work with a 1920 bamboo fly rod.

4 Likes

I haven’t been fishing in ages. But I had progressed to the just drop a line without a hook in a beautiful place phase when last I did.

2 Likes

“Fishing” I could get into.

1 Like

I just read that as ‘mindcarp’. Weed’s not strong enough for them - you probably need peyote at least…

1 Like