Catholic school to hand out ‘modesty ponchos’ to girls at prom wearing ‘revealing’ dresses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/01/catholic-school-to-hand-out.html

3 Likes

And yet, this seems like the kind of thing that, should an Islam-based school or group attempt it, would be roundly criticised as trying to force Sharia law on our kids…

50 Likes

‘modesty ponchos’

Great name for a band.

17 Likes

Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?

16 Likes

Can anyone think of a way to turn that into a bong?

Could we at least tell them that people are turning them into bongs?

21 Likes

modesty poncho is actually Latin for hijab.

29 Likes

The irony of a catholic school in Dearborn pulling this crap is not at all lost on me.

17 Likes

’revealing dresses’

Another great name for a band. Perhaps playing for the prom at hand.

3 Likes

The kids should call them promiscuity collars.

20 Likes

Needs a big capital A in red.

12 Likes

So close to a cone of shame.

giphy

31 Likes

By drawing attention to it.

Enterprising young adults will wear low cut tops, get the bright pink advertiser, and then sell “peeks at the peaks” at $5 per freshman behind the bleachers.

11 Likes

Do I understand correctly that the way these should be used is to place them over the head of any person who appears distracted by what someone is wearing?

30 Likes

Can i get a modesty loincloth if i show up in a revealing banana hammock and assless chaps?

28 Likes

Or:

3 Likes

In our parochial school the gals were not allowed to wear culottes. Once in a while a gal or two would try to sneak in wearing one, but the nuns had scary eagle vision and could tell a skirt pleat from the leg split in a culotte.

2 Likes

If I was Catholic schoolgirl, which I assure you I almost never am, I would demand my modesty poncho, and wear it proudly as proof that I am a rebel. I would splash it with a big circe-A in black paint.

Also, @hecep:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Or the name of any album (!!!) made by “Guided By Voices”. Their album titles make great band names!

5 Likes

It’d probably be easier to turn into a Thong.

Which would probably have a similar effect on Sister Mary Pat O’Malley.

Especially if the boys wear them.