Cathryn Aison and Philip Glass's lovely abstract animation for Sesame Street (1979)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/03/cathryn-aison-and-philip-glass.html

7 Likes

i remember these! I loved them as a toddler/kid because I was entranced with the vocalizations.

7 Likes

Baby Einstein on the Beach

10 Likes

I feel like I must have seen this as a kid, and it’s probably responsible for my weirdness. Nice!

8 Likes

Madam Mrs. The Ratel: kids sure had longer attention spans back then.

The Ratel kit watches it through unblinking twice in a row.

4 Likes

Cool. 1979 is past my regular Sesame Street watching years so I had not seen this before.

4 Likes

Great stuff.

4 Likes

The vocalization’s using solfege syllables, too. Every note has its own syllable.

5 Likes

Trippy!

1 Like

Glass is a national treasure.

8 Likes

I’m glad that I wasn’t only me that thought "That sounds like the same structure he used in “NorthStar” "

5 Likes

Philip and Steve’s Furniture Removal Company

I fell in love with him starting with Koyaanisqatsi in around '85 and first saw a live performance of 1000 Airplanes on the Roof my first year of college.

Brilliant man.

5 Likes

Gorgeous. And a great way to get kids interested in the wonders of geometry!

3 Likes

Not sure what you’re referring to, but there was this weird one I liked where a dude kept asking “Who wants biscotti?”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.