Say good morning to Do Bee!

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/17/say-good-morning-to-do-bee.html

6 Likes

The transition from Miss Louise to Miss Mary Ann was a traumatic one for me. . .

7 Likes

There will never be a day that I can’t groove to the number count from Sesame Street/The Electric Company:

JFC it’s still so good!

18 Likes

Why did all these kids shows seem perfectly normal to me as a kid, but now, as an adult, they are finely crafted nightmare fuel?

10 Likes

@LDoBe?

11 Likes

God the 70’s was a good time for educational television.

15 Likes

They never said my name.

No, I’m not bitter, you are.

16 Likes

And thus you were able to keep your immortal soul. :wink:

14 Likes

There was an upside after all!

8 Likes

waves forlornly from the Abyss

6 Likes

Family Guy version

4 Likes

Eh? Why’d ya wake me up?

6 Likes

Well, I for one remember being creeped out that she was seeing me with that magic mirror thing :japanese_ogre:

8 Likes

When I see Do Bee for the first time in about 40 years, I imagine it in some sort of city-leveling smash-up with Big Boy.

6 Likes

I watched the show, too. The happiest moment of my young life was when I was allowed to sit in on a taping of the show. My best friend Aaron was one of the kids on it and he (or more likely, his parents) invited me to watch. It was soooo cool. Unfortunately, I don’t remember anything about it at all except that I loved it.

12 Likes

I love how Do Bee’s brothers appeared on that episode of “What’s Happening.”

7 Likes

Pointer Sisters!

8 Likes

That taught me what was “funky” even before I could spell the word.

6 Likes

Remember how the Romper Room lady could see you through the television?

Welcome to the surveillance state, kids!

4 Likes

Another Do Bee with significant moral lessons (it is about the 1994 election in South Africa):

1 Like