CDC officially adds 6 new symptoms to its Covid-19 webpage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/27/cdc-officially-adds-6-new-symp.html

6 Likes

So sinuses, extended yard work, dealing with sequestering, and stress.

Sounds about right for symptoms in my house.

9 Likes

CDC: Our six new symptoms are: headache, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell

Harvey Korman: you said headache twice

CDC: I like it.

8 Likes

there’s going to be an autopsy on the CDC in a year and if I had a dollar to bet, it’s a sure thing that trumpkins has reached into there like every other agency he can get his tiny hands on and tampered with it, irs, treasury, noaa, fda, fcc, everything

I am sure there still are a few great people there just trying to do their jobs the best they can but are terrified of him and his minions

and now we can’t haven’t cheap, widely available “at home” antibody testing because just like masks initially the CDC “aren’t convinced” and “give false sense of security” :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

At our local farmers market, where they have responded admirably to the new normal, controlling the line coming in, insisting on masks, reminding people to maintain distance, etc., there was a sign with a list of symptoms: Difficulty Breathing, Can’t Keep Fluids Down, Dehydration, Confusion, and Other Serious Symptoms. I was wondering if just one symptom was enough, because I’m confused so much of the time.

2 Likes

My wife and I had had ever one of these symptoms during what could have been the worst flu of our lives the last week of February. The coughing wheezing at night made me scared to go to sleep laying down. The kids had zero symptoms.

The timing was early enough that we didn’t believe it could be Covid (no one in our region had it), but late enough that people were discouraged from going in to get checked. There weren’t tests anyways. Even now, our doctors think it was just flu (via video visits).

I suspect it might not be flu, but the dates just don’t work. So so much for using symptoms to decide diddly.

5 Likes

Do not taunt Covid-19.

2 Likes

bitch-has-no-taste

2 Likes

It seems we learn more about the virus every week. I’m more interested in the fact that the virus causes widespread blood clotting (and that some of the other symptoms may be related to that.)

2 Likes

So if I’m following along the symptoms are now

• fever
  • cough
  • shortness of breath
  • headache
  • chills
  • chills again, but with shaking
  • muscle pain
  • headache
  • sore throat
  • loss of taste and smell
  • headache
  • inability to remember what symptoms have already been listed
  • headache
17 Likes

what’d you say that boat ran into?

3 Likes

What was the middle part again?

2 Likes

Same here; started Feb 17 and lasted almost three weeks. Several neighbors had it as well. Wife was hospitalized for two nights and tested repeatedly for flu. No staff ever said the C word. We assumed it was a bad cold (I.e. another uncurable coronavirus).

1 Like

Accept no substitutes!

2 Likes

New York Times: C.D.C. Adds New Symptoms to Its List of Possible Covid-19 Signs

Loose finger

Cauliflower eye

Sore grundle

Loss of sense of space/time

Morbid ennui

Jaundiced frenulum

Hilarious rectum

Intense shimmering

Explosive aphasia

Repeated cooing

Benign cardiac arrest

Simple Implosive flatulence

Complex Implosive flatulence

Dangerous vagina

Internal liquidation

Jellied toenails

Mild seasonal Munchausen syndrome

Mitt Romney

7 Likes

Stolen for my Blue Man Group cover group name!

3 Likes

Oh, I can’t stop laughing! This list fills me with glee.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.