Celebrate Apollo 11 history by watching Buzz Aldrin punch this jerk in the face

Me too, despite my comment above. Meet him… I would love to be him.

2 Likes

If a fly is incessantly annoying you, it’s pointless to ask it to go away. Sometimes people need to be swatted too.

5 Likes

Equal protection under the law is why we can’t drive a car through a parade of Skokie Nazis mowing their worthless asses down, we even let them have their fucking parade. It is also why we shouldn’t allow people or even moon astronauts, to punch confrontational assholes, no matter how much we delight in seeing it happen. Astronaut baiters have constitutional rights too, my constitutional right is to call them out as giant douchebags.

if anything, more people need to get punched in the face

4 Likes

Aldrin showed admirable restraint and let the antagonizing go on far beyond the point I would deem acceptable. He delivered just what the situation warranted and no more. As long as people think they can be utter pricks there will be an excuse for physical violence.

13 Likes

Anybody that says there is no cause for physical violence isn’t living in the real world with real emotions. After you live the life of Buzz Aldrin and someone calls you a liar and coward, someone who is a bullshit conspiracy theorist with no proof whatsoever, and then thinks they have the right to harass him, yeah, he was asking for an attention grabbing punch in the face. I’m more upset because the video ends too early. In my imagination Buzz knocks his ass out and then takes a NASA patch out of his pocket and slaps it on the jack-ass’s forehead.

7 Likes

All you “there’s no excuse” for violence types: there’s no violence on the moon – see ya,

1 Like

If someone’s ranting and raving over there, well then, he can do what he wants. If someone’s ranting and raving right in my face then he’s going to get swatted. And rightly so. Every creature in nature will react the same to its own kind, and I’m proud to be Homo Sapien.

5 Likes

That was positively cathartic. And honestly, as a parent of daughters who are restricted to the bizarre frenemy psychological warfare, I harken back fondly to the schoolyard tussle.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t know how the laws work where it happened, but Aldrin clearly (and remarkably politely) told the man to back off several times before he punched him.

I deplore physical violence too, but every time I watch that video, I just think, “Ooh! Nice form.” Especially since he’s punching out a guy who’s quite a bit taller than he is.

7 Likes

Why is no one here bothered by Aldrin’s assault.

I’m bothered that the video ends too quickly. I’d like to see the asshole fall on his ass afterwards.

3 Likes

The only thing better that comes to my mind would be mooning him.

16 Likes

I remember the Apollo 11 launch. My mom let us stay home from elementary school to watch it on the only big-screen color TV in the neighborhood (ours). It was awesome.

In re: Aldrin’s pugilism, I agree with davide405. The standard for legally allowing interpersonal violence between adults should be very stringent, and restricted to self-defense or mutual consent in nearly all cases. Aldrin should have had to pay a fine for punching that guy, but since he was poked with a bible first, and the troll suffered no permanent maiming, I think the fine should be about $45 dollars or an equivalent value of community service. The troll, though, should also be fined for malicious mischief, disturbing the peace, harassment, and whatever other mopery and dopery charges are on the books in the local jurisdiction. A community really shouldn’t just ignore trolls when they are attempting to physically intimidate senior citizens, right?

3 Likes

It was consensual. The guy asked for it.

10 Likes

I think this is very well said :smile:

We give Buzz Aldrin the pass on it with full awareness of the culture and era that produced him. It was sort of okay then, it would not be today.

1 Like

The guy was committing assault and battery and wouldn’t stop until he was punched. In many U.S. states now, Aldrin would have been within his rights to shoot the guy in the face instead (not saying I agree with that). Isn’t a punch better than a bullet?

9 Likes

I disagree. Properly applied violence stops all sorts of bad things.

6 Likes

I knew Bart Sibrel when he lived in Nashville, TN, and drove an old hearse with an “Organs in Transit” bumper sticker on it. He had a backpfeifengesicht back then. He also brought a piece of stone from the top of one of the Great Pyramids home from Egypt as a gift for his girlfriend. He had no respect for anything then and never got better. Go Buzz.

3 Likes

hahaha, yesss!

1 Like