Center for Public Integrity smacks down ABC bid to tag along on their Pulitzer

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Does a viewable copy of ABC’s letter exist anywhere?

Actually, scratch that. There’s plenty of posturing from both sides to read here.

This deserves a wholehearted “oh snap!”

1 Like

UPDATE (3:00 p.m.): Hamby, the author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning report, has left CPI for BuzzFeed, where he will serve as a reporter on its investigations team.

So he’s going from a year-long Pulizer-prize-winning investigation at CPI to writing “You won’t BELIEVE these six shocking ways that coal companies screwed over their miners”?

6 Likes

I thought for certain that was a joke, until I looked. But they also have someone now from ProPublica. WTF? is all I can say.

Buzzfeed has an investigations team?

I know, right?

If he can think of six ways to screw over coal miners that I won’t believe have been tried at every opportunity, he can probably write well enough to thrive anywhere…

3 Likes

Then you are in luck. His follow up article will be titled “The One Weird Trick to Getting Over Your World-Weary Cynicism”.

6 Likes

ABC’s letter is viewable here http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/abc-news-asking-center-for-public-integrity-to-share-pulitzer-prize_b221733

Reminds me of ABC ripping off Slate. Sincerest form of flattery?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.