CEO of Trump Media goes on Fox to declare: "Twitter is kind of a ghost town ... Our interactions are already beating Twitter.”

I feel like this is the high tech version of Nixon’s “silent majority”. Conservatives have always imagined themselves to be the bulk of the country and the mainstream, but that’s probably never been true, at the end of the day. The more technology, the more communication, and the more data we get, the clearer that becomes. Yet they will cling to that imagined majority in the face of all evidence to the contrary, because their identity and self-worth depends on it.

11 Likes

bender-futurama

4 Likes

Luckily Nunez will have more opportunities for hands-on leadership now that a couple of minions described as actually technical have departed.

3 Likes

VXNHvo

cow-chew

5 Likes

I was mostly joking but that’s still quite interesting. Plus BB doesn’t have anywhere near the kind of funding Trump’s site does. (Just as well. Mark would spend it all on kitchen gadgets.)

17 Likes

Happy Cracking Up GIF

18 Likes

To be fair, Trump Media does have a lot more users who are cows.

5 Likes

Campaign donation solicitations sent to the mailing list

Oh yeah! With, I dunno, like a hood or something!

6 Likes

That graph:

“Stop introducing facts about our lies!”

3 Likes

This. This 100% and shout it to the heavens. The “silent majority” has been anything BUT silent OR a majority. They are loud, obnoxious, twisted, and more than happy to strong arm the country into supporting a minority religious viewpoint that puts their desires at the forefront and relegates anyone who disagrees to the pot of “pedophile” or whatever other vile slander they can gin up so they can avoid having to share the riches of our nation with “those people” whom they despise. They are both proudly religious and deeply hypocritical when it comes to practicing their religious beliefs, demanding the rest of us be forced to live as they think best while they go off to sin happily, knowing “god forgives” when they get caught, and their flock will happily keep letting them fleece them. And they happily work with rich grifters who pander to this minority of christian fascists because doing so gives wealthy corporatists a solid base of power to promote their own views of society (namely that the rich should profit more off the poor, and fuck regulations) and play us off on each other while they rob us blind.

12 Likes

Exactly. I still hear that “silent majority” BS hauled out every once in a while. I have to call them out on it. They are neither silent (please, I wish it were so!) or the majority.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.