Champagne guns that shoot bubbly not bullets

Originally published at: Champagne guns that shoot bubbly not bullets | Boing Boing

1 Like

I guess you gotta celebrate somehow…

14 Likes

In grad school, when a research group member passed their PhD qualifying exam, they would try to hit the library across the courtyard from our fifth floor lab balcony window with a champagne cork. Typically people would shake the bottle, and not even come close. The library was about 250 feet away. When it came my turn, I put the bottle in a hot water bath at 50 C for 30 minutes, and the cork overshot the library. If OSHA only knew.

I prefer my version over this gun.

16 Likes

Wait, it doesn’t even shoot out of the barrel? Fucking lame.

4 Likes

How does champagne taste after being heated to 50C?

3 Likes

And at 5 Benjamins, very disappointing.

4 Likes

I at least knew not to try it.

1 Like

It’s light. Handle’s adjustable for easy carrying, good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick, discreet interventions.

2 Likes

Why do I suspect that anyone drinking champagne that has been sprayed out of one of these devices is not all that concerned about preserving the remainder for later, or to be snobby, having said device serve as a bottle stopper so it can be “enjoyed” later.

I’m a bit suspicious that champagne in this situation is appreciated for the perceived status associated with it, and alcohol content to a degree. Any other expensive liquid that could be consumed would likely suffice. Is printer ink non-toxic?

2 Likes

But they’re much, much less stylish.

6 Likes

Am I the only person who likes to drink Champagne?

3 Likes

If you just passed your qualifying exam and managed to set a champagne cork distance record, I’m guessing it tastes like victory?

4 Likes

No.

4 Likes

1 Like

Is being covered in sticky liquid or in an environment where the surfaces are covered in sticky liquid supposed to be luxury. There should be a sales tax of 2000% on this crap.

1 Like

01c723639a30889e17a5efc63ab12db6

3 Likes

At the risk of being that guy - why does everything has to be turned into a weapon, apparently?
Even if it’s playful/for teh lulz? I don’t feel it’s improving the overall situation.

3 Likes

Guns + Drinking = Party?

1 Like

In the William S Burroughs mould?

2 Likes

The originators of the shooting champagne in your mouth trend:

Frankly, the OG looks significantly more fun.

1 Like