Charges for 11 Ohio cops filmed beating suspects and destroying evidence

Originally published at: Charges for 11 Ohio cops filmed beating suspects and destroying evidence | Boing Boing

15 Likes

Those poor cops, imagine what they had to go through. /s

il_570xN.2348371692_4le91

24 Likes

When does it stop being a few bad apples and become an entire fucking orchard?

21 Likes

unimpressed grumpy cat GIF

16 Likes

Always? :thinking:

11 Likes

and a poor reflection of policing within our community

No, it’s an exact reflection of policing in your community. ACAB.

24 Likes

Serial season 3 is a powerful (and gutting) portrait of just how shitty Cleveland area cops are. They distinguish themselves in a field where by definition all members are bastards.

3 Likes

East Cleveland and Cleveland are separate cities, this one was East Cleveland. East Cleveland is worse, but they both have serious policing problems

5 Likes

I want to see mugshots of these assholes to be sure, but I’d bet most officers charged are white. “Policing” a town that’s about 90% Black residents. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Judging by the colour of their trotters, a majority of the attackers on show are white.

7 Likes

A few bad apples spoil the whole barrel, as copapologists have conveniently forgotten.

13 Likes

Lawpologists? Copologists? :thinking:

8 Likes

The only surprise in this headline is the word “charges”. Please surprise me later with “convictions”.

14 Likes

Only a nitpick, but I really wish cop cars were outfitted with a siren that was activated by a sensor in the transmission or the seat belt or something. If the cop is out of the car, or has put the car in park, the siren turns off. It’s not that hard, folks. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

weird, i read the article and thought: i bet the cops are white and the victims are black…
i stopped watching just over 2 minutes in…
fuck those pigs

7 Likes

Again, it’s not new. only the cameras are new.

13 Likes

Former Ohio resident here; citation required.

Cop-suckers.

15 Likes

:joy:

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

12 Likes

Good lord, what percentage of the East Cleveland PD is this? Sounds like is one of those departments that is rotten to the core.

8 Likes

The “all” in ACAB is not a suggestion, it’s factual.

11 Likes