Charity sends Amazon a cake celebrating 3d anniversary of unpaid invoice

[Permalink]

1 Like

A large part of my job is paying invoices. I pride myself on getting them into the system so payment can be sent out as quickly as possible. Maybe I should slow down. Then somebody might send me a cake.

8 Likes

What’s the history here? I know Amazon initially bought MusicBrainz database when Amazon created Soundunwound.com, which was Amazon’s own music wiki, which also was used by Amazon as a source for artist info on Amazon.com itself. Amazon users then expanded the Soundunwound.com database (adding artist bios, publicity photos, album covers - all the important visuals that wikipedia is too scared to use) so it was better than MusicBrainz. And then… Amazon shuttered Soundunwound.com (though most of the content still exists inside Amazon.com).

Ain’t capitalism great.

1 Like

Amazon: “Check’s in the UPS SurePost”
Charity: “Well that explains it”

2 Likes

A large part of my job for the past six years has been collecting on unpaid, overdue invoices …and a large part of my job now (last six months) is rolling out software to facilitate collecting on unpaid, overdue invoices.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you won’t be receiving any cakes. Rebate credits and renegotiation leverage are a distinct possibility. Possibly a blackberry pie, but that’s a long shot.

The best ending to this story would be their check getting delivered by drone inside of a thank you card for the cake.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be too quick to eat a cake from somebody I owe money to.

3 Likes

USD20,000 owed.

I read on to see what a 3D anniversary is…
Oh it’s the 3rd anniversary of a regular 2D invoice.
Nice story regardless…
However, where would we be if someone doesn’t point out typos in titles? “3rd” please.

1 Like

Both contractions are correct, IIRC.

Sometimes, genius is a bitch.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.