Charles Herbster is the GOP frontrunner for Nebraska governor. Eight women say he groped them

Originally published at: Charles Herbster is the GOP frontrunner for Nebraska governor. Eight women say he groped them | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Sexual assault has become a selling point among GOP voters.

24 Likes

Anyone surprised? Anyone?

11 Likes

I once heard: “Sexual harassment will not be reported, but it will be graded.” Seems that the GOP folks have taken that to heart.

8 Likes

Charlie is duke’n it out with 8 other GQP/KKKpublicans for the governor’s seat in Nebraska, a typical GQP circus…

7 Likes

Wow, if he committed this many assaults in public, in front of witnesses how many countless other assaults has he done over his lifetime? This is bad even by the current standards of GOP sexual predators, which is really saying something.

13 Likes

At this point, we need more ads calling this out among those who aren’t GQP/Trump supporters. If GOP plans of blocking legislation and regular government functions (or actively sabotaging what works then claiming it’s broken) were coming from Democrats, they’d be talking on right-wing media every day about “The Party of Nope and Grope.” Senator Schatz has the right idea.

8 Likes

Because women know that once you accuse a prominent public figure of sexual misconduct it’s all fame, fortune and stress-free living from there on out. Yep, there’s no quicker ticket to life on easy street than to make yourself the target of rich, powerful and mentally unhinged misogynists.

13 Likes

why in the world would you need details about the victims? if you needed information about the assaults, just go read the article and the work done to corroborate those details

believe women. it’s really that simple

12 Likes

I do believe women, but I also believe in the dirty, dirty ads and mud-slinging that’s been happening in this Governor’s race.

When I first clicked on the link, I only saw the first few paragraphs, basically about what was excerpted. When I re-clicked, I saw the whole article this time. I withdraw my original post and apoilogize for the haste in posting. I should have known better.

i hear you. i guess i would just temper that with the idea that accusations printed by responsible journalists are very different than campaign ads, editorials, and foxnews

that’s actually even part of the reason for dirty ads: to get people to tune out real news

( see also: abbott in texas and his attacks on civil rights to create a distraction from his involvement with their power grid scandal )

3 Likes

download (67)

2 Likes

Dean-really-bs-again
That crap still gets trotted out waaaaaaaay too often.

2 Likes

I was going to make a joke about when is trump going to endorse him.

I should have known better, he already did.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.