Charles Manson "on deathbed"

Yes, it is complicated. Early trauma would just be one in many factors that could contribute to such an outcome. I hope I don’t come across as making excuses for and trying to remove all agency from serial/mass murderes. I am just saying that I view Manson as a human, and think becoming what he did was a process and not as simple as him always being evil or in a vacuum decided to murder all those people.

Yeah, I get that, and I do think it’s fair enough to some degree. But the other side of being a human, I think, it hold people responsible for their actions, too. I agree he wasn’t evil in a vacuum, and I certainly sympathize with an appeal to historical context.

3 Likes

I totally agree with that. But I do recognize that people have, for various reasons, differing abilities in cultivating their empathy, their humanity, their impulse control and their understanding consequences of their actions too. Given enough time I am able to feel sorry for some of the worst of us, and after watching that documentary was able to kinda feel sorry for him.

What’s the big deal if he dies? He’s serving multiple life sentences so I assume he’ll be back shortly to start serving the next one.

4 Likes

Wow, that is a whole pile of batshit crazy. And on the right, Charles Manson.

2 Likes

That was a stupid thing for me to do :anguished:

4 Likes

9 Likes

I can’t, I don’t have it, I don’t have a fuck to spare, I can’t spare a fuck. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

He’s less a cartoon now no?

I’d read a fair bit about the murders (they always get inserted in some detail in books about the Beatles) but yeah, a picture in your head is rather different to an actual picture.

2 Likes

See now, that’s some properly defensive magical thinking, there, and imo absolutely right. It’s not about Manson the human, it’s about Manson The Cultural Object.

dingdingding

2 Likes

This guy ruined the Swastika Forehead Tattoo look forever.

4 Likes

Pardon me… brought my dancin’ shoes. Where does the line form?

3 Likes

You’re just in time. He’s dead.

3 Likes

Not kidding about that, he died two hours ago from whatever it was that put him in the hospital.

Just say “helter skelter” three times in front of a mirror :ghost:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.