Trump wheezes on White House balcony during "Mussolini moment"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/06/trump-wheezes-on-white-house-balcony-during-mussolini-moment.html

10 Likes

Well at least he’s healthy enough to put on a shade of “rotisserie chicken” color before staging photo ops

33 Likes

Seeing that made me wanna go grab my inhaler.

25 Likes

We may yet see the first case of death due to Tinpot-itis.

33 Likes
41 Likes

MUSSOLINI MOMENT BITCH

These cretins seem to have forgetten the rest of that story. But history doesn’t forget.

In the pre-dawn hours of April 29 the corpses of Mussolini, Petacci and 14 fellow fascists were placed in a truck and dumped like garbage in Milan’s Piazzale Loreto, a deeply symbolic public square for the anti-fascist forces. There, eight months earlier, fascists acting under orders from Hitler’s SS publicly displayed the bodies of 15 executed partisans.

After Mussolini’s arrest in July 1943, jubilant crowds mutilated images of the dictator. Now, as the sun rose on the “Square of the Fifteen Martyrs,” residents of Milan had the chance to do the same thing, only this time for real. They hurled invectives and vegetables at the dictator’s corpse before kicking, beating and spitting upon it. One woman, deciding Mussolini wasn’t dead enough for her, emptied a pistol into the dictator’s body and shouted, “Five shots for my five assassinated sons!” The crowd then strung the bodies of Mussolini, Petacci and other fascists by their feet from the girders of a gasoline station in a corner of the square.

71 Likes

Thanks. You ruined roasted chicken for me.

15 Likes

I’m glad he’s out of the hospital. It’s better for the country for him to be beaten cleanly in an election.

I don’t want him to be a martyr and I don’t want him sidelined so he can claim he wasn’t allowed to compete.

If he ends up regressing and going back to the hospital it will entirely be his fault, and this is a real possibility.

So I think this is the best possible outcome.

33 Likes

This was also my take. However, I think he needs to suffer more. He needs to be completely miserable.

15 Likes

Historical note for Melania: “Petacci” in that article refers to Clara Petacci, Mussolini’s mistress. Just so it’s clear to her that there are all sorts of ways to be complicit in a fascist regime.

Brutal execution is not (yet) a suitable punishment for members of this gangster regime, but she might benefit from some of that detention centre “care” she praised the other day.

29 Likes

IDGAF if he ends up going into the hospital again, croaking in his sleep, dies huffing in a helicopter back to the ventilators, or actually recovering in two weeks.

What I care about are the secret service, cooks, cleaners, staffers, etc. at the White House who are now going to get sick and possibly die.

54 Likes

Yup, he’s struggling. I’ve been there and much worse. I’m not too optimistic about him avoiding the relapse that’s common to many older COVID-19 patients.

34 Likes

That’s not going to happen. He thinks being in the hospital makes him appear weak. If he relapses, he’ll do it at the White House.

18 Likes
8 Likes

Maybe he’s born with it.

Maybe it’s Maybe-jaundice.

10 Likes

Who knew that malignant narcissism was a co-morbidity?

19 Likes

/makes vague impatient gesture, as to wave away a buzzing nuisance

2 Likes

It’s a metamorphosis. Trump is the virus. Look at me. I am the virus now.
300px-Look_At_Me,_I'm_The_Captain_Now

2 Likes

Fascinating how we can all agree that this is, in fact, a “Mussolini moment” but reach diametrically opposed conclusions about whether that’s praise or damnation. And by “fascinating,” I mean, of course, “horrifying.”

27 Likes

20 Likes