Trump wheezes on White House balcony during "Mussolini moment"

I’m thinking of the late Soviet history when they had a couple of old leaders who were shown on balconies now and then to prove they were still alive.

12 Likes

He is.

12 Likes

This footage will make much more sense once combined with the inevitable news of his death sometime within the next two weeks or so…

7 Likes

What I want more than his demise is the chance of a public shit storm between his kids as they see his debt ridden empire fall apart. Eric ratting out the others maybe? I am sure that between the three* of them quite a bit of unsavoury details could come out.

*three-ish

15 Likes

A huge part of Mussolini’s political efforts was exaggerated projection of a chesty, jaw-forward persona, and often in person, from balconies. Trump has often seemed likely to be emulating that, including in this “Fuck these stupid masks!” moment.

Given that strong general similarity, Trump’s current near-death condition also brings to mind for me Mussolini’s end (however unlikely it actually resembles plausible endings for Trump).

27 Likes

The guy who wrote that is a professional troll. You know, the kind where if you say “that’s a stupid statement”, he will crow “haha delicious lib tears”, and if you take him seriously will crow “haha stupid fucking libs”.

5 Likes

I actually held my breath while I watched this.

Also, what is he saluting? He’s not in the military. This is not a military event. Like all fascists, he always falls back on military themes to support himself. (I’m only surprised there aren’t 20 flags lined up behind him, as per usual.)

Also, never asked is who is doing Trump’s hair? That shit takes a long time to get right. Every morning, some person is spending some heavy minutes caressing and manipulating those tresses to make sure all the pasty-white bald spots are covered up and he’s camera-ready to start his day of bloviation. Even in the hospital photos, someone was risking their life for his hairdo. That’s the interview I want to see. When his hair arranger defects and starts giving interviews we’ll know it’s truly the end for him.

26 Likes

He’s saluting the helicopter, which, being a presidential helicopter, is a manifestation of his own power, ergo he is saluting himself. There’s a propaganda video on Trump’s Twitter account showing his heroic return to the White House, accompanied by stirring, off the shelf trailer music. I won’t post it here because I don’t want to give him views.

16 Likes

Not enough.

princessbride_50

13 Likes

When he relapses.

2 Likes

The right wing message: Real Men Can’t Breathe.

4 Likes

One can hope…

11 Likes

Make America Gasp Again

13 Likes

He did this move and the drive by the previous day because he’s afraid he looks weak. But it looks to me like he can’t breath well, not exactly the pinnacle of strength…

9 Likes

There won’t be a relapse, technically, because he ain’t done with the first lapse yet. Just pumped full of steroids and pretending for the tv.

14 Likes

Mussolini? Needs more Violet Gibsons. And this time may she not miss.

Funnily enough my daughter’s history book illustrates propaganda with a photo of Benito on a horse showing how the handler was edited out. Must do some Trump comparisons with her.

9 Likes

The best possible outcome would have him being utterly crippled by the disease he denied all year, that has killed so many people, making Pence acting runner, to allow both Trumps irrational cult of personality to die with his health, and still leave him open to all those lovely lawsuits.

I’m not going to see this actual outcome as anything but proof there is no caring God. This man is literally an infectious evil imbecile spreading his illness to everyone around him.

15 Likes

Prolapses…

7 Likes

“Not to fifty!

/Guest

5 Likes

FOUR Princess Bride themed posts in this thread so far. Let’s keep it going!

giphy

24 Likes