White House photos of Trump "working" in hospital show him writing own name on blank piece of paper

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/04/white-house-photos-of-trump-working-in-hospital-show-him-writing-own-name-on-blank-piece-of-paper.html

21 Likes

A closer look at the props

37 Likes

He wouldn’t read what’s on the paper anyway.

25 Likes

Can’t someone hand him a paper stating his resignation? It has to be binding even if he didn’t read it before signing.

40 Likes

How else is Radar going to get Hawkeye his three day pass?

68 Likes

Hey, each to his own ability

10 Likes

Missing a callout for the most obvious prop of them all. “OK sir, and now one with the jacket on so it contrasts against those cabinets. Can we get wardrobe in here? No, the navy one. Straighten that pin, please. OK, sir, now try to pretend you’re reading. No, a more constipated face. That’s it, hold it, in 3-2-1… click

19 Likes

I don’t see how this is any different than what he usually does during a day at work… oh I know - no golfing!

8 Likes

Worst reality TV ever.

More like Weekend at Donny’s.

20 Likes

He does appear rather less than robust, doesn’t he? The lack of makeup is glaringly obvious, at least to me.

16 Likes

This doesn’t reveal new info – we already know photo ops are staged, and that Turmp’s medical status falls somewhere within the bracket of “hospitalised” – but it is a delicious vignette of the systemic, drooling incompetence that has always pervaded the whole shitshow.

If any other national politician were doing this PR exercise, they would have a staff that knew to look at photos before giving them to the press. And if the brief for the shoot was “look like you’re working”, someone in the room would have an idea what that actually looks like. Even just regular people could come up with a picture of what that looks like. Maybe sitting in an easy chair reading a document, talking on a phone, that kind of thing. This tells me Turmp just has a child’s picture that Important People sit behind desks, and he’s hazy on details beyond that.

59 Likes

You know what would have been an inspiration and actually help the country? Him, wearing a mask, talking to a doctor or staffer 6 feet away also wearing a mask.

“See? if the POTUS can do it, so can you! Wear a mask, and more people won’t end up like me!”

38 Likes

Would it be unethical to smuggle one of those papers out of the hospital and type a resignation letter above his signature? Yes.

Illegal? Probably.

A good idea?

22 Likes

Well, even most illiterate people can write their own name…

(Obviously I don’t really go in for the conspiracy theories that he is illiterate. He does tweet prodigiously after all. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if he was mentally unable to take in longer, complex texts, such as intelligence briefings or policy documents)

10 Likes

He does still remember it though. Oxygen is a helluva drug.

5 Likes

“It works for Clark Kent, sir.”

“That fake news hack at the Bugle?”

Not clinically illiterate, just functionally illiterate.

“ Functional illiteracy means that a person cannot use reading, writing, and calculation skills for his/her own and the community’s development.”

21 Likes

October surprise - trump just lost the election.

3 Likes

Because of some poorly staged photos?

5 Likes

Bingo.

28 Likes

no, because of some poorly staged pandemic policy and behavior that landed him in the hospital a few weeks before the election highlighting how wrong and incompetent he has been, and that he is in fact responsible for 200,000 deaths. And some photos.

11 Likes