White House photos of Trump "working" in hospital show him writing own name on blank piece of paper

On Scavino’s aggressive defense of the president on Twitter

Scavino is yet another individual who was a perfectly normal soul, so it seemed, until he fell down the Trump rabbit hole. As this Westchester County suburbanite, one would never have expected a person like Dan Scavino to become a Donald Trump attack dog, but that is, in fact, what has taken place — both on Trump’s Twitter account and on Dan Scavino’s personal Twitter account. … To the extent that Trump believes in (as he puts it) “counter-punching,” Dan Scavino is very much a part of that counterpunching mechanism.

On which of Trump’s tweets may have been crafted by Scavino

If you look at Trump’s Twitter page, you’ll see, for one thing, a few sort of anodyne things: “I’ll be at such-and-such a place at 1 o’clock.” Trump’s not writing that; Dan Scavino is. …

There are also some tweets that Trump will dictate to Scavino and Scavino will then polish them up, make sure there are no grammatical errors or anything like that. Trump will look at them and then say, “OK, that looks good,” or “No, no. I want you to put this back in.” Then he’ll say, “Go ahead and hit send,” and Scavino will do so. …

There certainly are tweets that Trump himself writes in the dark of night or first thing in the morning that Dan Scavino sees when the rest of the world sees. That’s probably about half of the tweets overall. But of the 37,000 or so tweets that Trump has sent out, Dan Scavino is responsible for — at least as a “co-conspirator” to — about half of those.

On the Trump style of tweeting, with all-caps and exclamation points

Let’s for one thing establish … that none of us are in the room when individual tweets are happening. I would’ve loved to deconstruct a series of tweets for this story and say, “Here’s what Scavino supplied. Here’s what the first draft of this was.” I was unable. It happens to be an intimate act for President Trump … something that all takes place backstage.

Having said all of that, Trump more or less set his own template with the all-caps and saying “Sad!” but Scavino has added to that template. Trump didn’t know how to do a hashtag before [Scavino]. … [Trump] would have a general sentiment, but would lack specifics.

When we look at a Trump tweet, it is, in many ways, an amalgamation of Trump’s basic grievance — the establishment of a grievance or an establishment of a boast, supplied then with a few technical details such as hashtags and things. The all-caps is something Trump has been doing going back to, I’d say, 2012, before Scavino had any access to Trump’s Twitter account. He began, Scavino did, to “co-conspire” with Trump on the @realDonaldTrump Twitter account in 2015. …

17 Likes

17 Likes

Maybe. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

the usual level of bullshit about everything

Good to see things are getting back to normal.

2 Likes

Signing his name on a blank piece of paper with a sharpie is what kills me. He uses the sharpie for signing during photo-ops - e.g. an executive order or when he’s giving away his autograph. They’re not even trying here. But that’s par for the course. Every photograph of “Trump working” has been obviously staged in identical ways.

A number of parents have talked about how, when their small child wants to “help” them with paperwork, they give the kid some blank paper and a crayon. That’s this.

Oh yeah. It’s the first time we get to see him without the makeup. And now we understand why he makes himself look so bizarre - with it, he looks like a weird dude, but without it he looks old and unhealthy.

We know this is true. There have been so many discussions by former administration officials/staffers talking about their futile struggles to convey information to him. They started off reducing all his briefings to one page. They quickly realized he wasn’t reading them. They reduced them to bulletpoint lists. Still nope. They added more graphs, photos, sprinkled his name in there (because they knew he paid attention to that). Still wasn’t taking it in. They finally reduced it all to three bulletpoints, and thought they had cracked it. Then they realized he wasn’t getting to the third bulletpoint.

Not that it’s just texts, either. Apparently he quickly loses focus in verbal briefings, too - quickly getting bored/angry/losing his train of thought. He’s dangerously cognitively impaired.

39 Likes

This is one reason I didn’t buy the conspiracy theories about Trump pre-recording yesterday’s video message from the White House before he was moved to Walter Reed. They simply aren’t competent enough to pull something like that off.

The administration lies constantly, but that doesn’t mean they’re any good at it.

38 Likes

It’s not the smart people they are trying to fake out.

His followers see Jesus at the resolute desk of freedom and are probably buying signed copies of these photos on eBay right now.

8 Likes

I suppose there are worse alternatives . . .

jack

16 Likes

I’m not saying they wouldn’t tell a lie that big. I’m saying if they did it would be exposed almost instantly.

15 Likes

I guess the positive spin is that he’s a showman to the end - nothing is more important than maintaining the illusion.

Amazing what emotional damage can turn people in to.

7 Likes

Trump_EO_Junior_Fredo_Jail

3 Likes

“Zoom … enhance …”

9 Likes

Just like this one.

At least it’s different than some previous administrations; instead of the coverup later exposing the lie, these clowns can’t even get past the actual lie intact.

17 Likes

About that lack of makeup- I remember reading somewhere that the reason Trump wears the makeup and insists on applying it himself is because he’s embarrassed that he has rosacea. The Walter Reed pictures seem to disprove that. If he isn’t hiding something, why does he wear it?

I suppose I’m a fool for expecting there to be a rational reason behind anything Trump does.

11 Likes

Not just the lack of make-up; he’s looking haggard, like he’s losing weight, and not in a healthy way. This is one reason that I think it might actually be true, although who can believe anything coming from that source?

4 Likes

Dear Trump,
It’s okay if you sit in bed watching bad daytime tv and eating jello off a tray. It’s all we’ve come to expect of you while “working” anyway.

7 Likes

Is that his own face on his cufflinks?

6 Likes

‘The lack of makeup is glaringly obvious, at least to me.’

He’s on a completely different Pantone palette.

5 Likes

19 Likes

Life imitates art - that’s exactly the kind of “work” the president in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes does.

5 Likes