Trump wheezes on White House balcony during "Mussolini moment"

“[non-sequitur]! VOTE!”

22 Likes

And then removed from the photographs to prove that they weren’t.

Even with the orange clown slap, Trump still looks pretty pale.

10 Likes

I fear a grim future with Donald Jr. on that balcony.

15 Likes

the microcosm, trump is in process of making covid so much worse for himself, just as he made it so much worse for the nation.

3 Likes

Mussolini (granddaughter) moments at Strictly come Dancing Italy (maybe content is geobloked)

1 Like

I tried to watch this through the eyes of a Trumper, and from that standpoint whether he’s wheezing or not is debatable. Sniffling like he has a cold, certainly not energetic, even before COVID he wasn’t really the healthiest person . . . nevertheless what a long way we’ve come from February when he was saying it was a hoax, that it was just the flu, etc.

There are valid reasons for an ailing president to go on the balcony and project an air of health and strength to the nation, but I’m sure Trump is doing it for all the wrong reasons (and for his supporters to brag about it being a “Mussolini moment” proves what stupid angry assholes they are.)

[edited for clarity]

8 Likes

Ewwwwwwwwwww :frowning:

2 Likes

18 Likes

17 Likes

Is Trump really competent enough to be in The Princess Bride?

Now Donald “Joffrey” Trump in the Game of Thrones universe makes more sense for 2020. In fact, George R. R. Martin drew the comparison back in 2017. But at least Dame Diana Rigg (RIP) didn’t have anything to do with Trump’s inability to breathe.

1 Like

The fact is, he’s an old, overweight man, the segment of the population most likely to die from the disease. It’s a huge gamble for him to try and show his strength while ignoring doctor’s orders, because if he then takes a turn for the worse that Mussolini moment is an Emperor’s New Clothes moment.

11 Likes

Pretty sure that the SDNY prosecutors agree with you

2 Likes

Wait: what did I miss, who praised Mussolini?!

Or, an actual Mussolini moment. You know, the good one.

6 Likes

The Simpsons, from 2005(!!):

Anyone who was paying the tiniest bit of attention knew who Donald Trump was long, long before he ran for President.

18 Likes

The way he leaned over his chest, mouth open, then rose and leaned back a bit on the inhale was classic wet lungs.

Signed,
60yo asthmatic

17 Likes

He’s breathing like my grandmother did at 90+ with a congestive heart and COPD.

9 Likes

A tinpot strongman cannot, ever, be seen as weak. Weakness makes it impossible for all his worshippers to project their daddy fantasy onto him, and utterly undermines whatever authority he might have.

He might be hours from death and they will drug him up and wheel him out to continue projecting that authority. They would Weekend at Bernie’s him if they thought they could get away with it.

The other weakness is mockery. If people start laughing openly at you it is all over. This has begun.

The Hail Mary for him is, of course, brutal repression - replace ‘love’ with fear. That is on the table in November if he is still breathing.

11 Likes

Diminished lung capacity? I was also hoping for diminished texting-thumb capacity.

5 Likes

Stealing.

Edit. I am that is. That.

6 Likes